can popper be hand carry?

serious
edited May 2009 in Jigging & Popping
can popper be hand carry into the plane?? need help thanks
  • Jigdemon
    serious" said:
    Yes you can but must be without the hooks ;)
  • serious
    okie thanks bro
  • lennicoim
    Does this apply to jigs too ??????
  • dunnoe how to jig
    Serious bro,

Where u heading too?
  • ceelee
    lennicoim" said:
    Does this apply to jigs too ??????
    let me try out next weekend. will update u guys on this hand carry details.
  • hanz
    serious" said:
    I tried before. Was flying with Jetstar, hand carrying my poppers, jigs, hooks and stuff. Stopped by security before boarding the plane. Luckily, the flight attendant allows me to check in together with the strollers. I was told that hooks, scissors are not allowed but ligther is ok????

In short just the poppers and jigs I would say it is OK.
  • hanz
    serious" said:
    I tried before. Was flying with Jetstar, hand carrying my poppers, jigs, hooks and stuff. Stopped by security before boarding the plane. Luckily, the flight attendant allows me to check in together with the strollers. I was told that hooks, scissors are not allowed but ligther is ok????

In short just the poppers and jigs I would say it is OK.
  • fishcatch
    My friend ever tried to bring metal jigs without hook on board a Silkair flt. Was stopped by the security and was told "So heavy and is metal,U can throw and kill someone with it!!!" So eventually was forced to checked in and was also asked to pay for the additional charged for the heavy jigs when exceeded the weight !!! Wah pianzz........ :shock:
  • ceelee
    will try 2 put 1 small jig in my bag 4 hand carry in. so incase kena stopped can still put into luggage. if really cannot, then throw that jig away lor. fyi, it'll b a small, used & cheap jig so even if gotta throw oso not heartache mah
  • ceelee
    certainly can if ur hand carry luggage is within d limit n all ur poppers n jigs r without hooks. i've tested liao.
  • jonathan86cww
    I just want to bring 2 metal jigs brand new in plastic, is it allowed?
  • PLANEUNG
    I just want to bring 2 metal jigs brand new in plastic, is it allowed?

it really depends on how strict the security person at the check in gate is. My personal experience is, in my carry on bag i had a few jigs without hooks attached. the security official scanning the bags thought they were knives from the display of the scanner. so asked me to open my bag. but upon explaining that they were fishing lures, they had no problem with it and let me through. so should be no problem without hooks attached unless you run into a very "niao" security officer at the check-in gates.