Lure or Bait?

arikeil
edited October 2008 in Kakis looking for Kakis
Hi guys, can anyone enlighten me on the difference between the 2 in terms of catch rate? Which is better for:

1) Reservoir fishing
2) Shore fishing
3) Pay-pond fishing
4) Offshore fishing (must be bait, ya?!)

I should imagine luring requires more technique, since you're trying to get the fish to bite on a piece of rubber? So being a newbie I haven't even attempted using at all... kekeke
  • adrian_kingz
    hi arikeil,

First and foremost, you have to know that lure is fish fish bait look alike, the chances of getting a fishes by using lure and live bait(prawn,small fishes etc..)is almost the same.

the different is only lure you will need to spin and spin in order to have the action to lure fish. that why is call "Lure"

the feeling by using lure to get a fish is very wonderful.

to build up your confident on lure fist of all you must have a few bite on lure, hence you can try out your new lure by going to fish pond or Reservoir.

However you have to know that what kind of fish you are targeting and then select your lure.

Adrian
  • Jordan488
    i agree.. using lure to catch fish is super... its like the virgin of the fish biting is lose in your hands... you can feel it..

using live bait and parking using weight or float is abit boring in my personnel option.. waiting whole day for the fishes to bite on your bait.. when the fish finally bite it.. your rod bend.. by the time you strike its like the rod of yours strike it before you.

i dont know how to explain but its just different.. even when i go pro pond and use live baits i also do spinning and look for fish.. just to boring waiting whole day for the fish to come.

all of the above is my own option... those using float and sinker dont bomb me pls. =D
  • arikeil
    As in, you feel like you're in greater control, and more proactive too, right? I think I'm beginning to get it... =)

Will go read up on some lures now! Thanks guys. :D
  • Bill
    bro wan noe about lures can find me. haha although i;m not that good on using it. just the basic of lure fishing haha
  • crazyfishing
    arikeil" said:
    Hi guys, can anyone enlighten me on the difference between the 2 in terms of catch rate? Which is better for:

1) Reservoir fishing
    2) Shore fishing
    3) Pay-pond fishing
    4) Offshore fishing (must be bait, ya?!)

I should imagine luring requires more technique, since you're trying to get the fish to bite on a piece of rubber? So being a newbie I haven't even attempted using at all... kekeke
    FYI, bait is not allow in own Reservoir.
  • arikeil
    Bill" said:
    bro wan noe about lures can find me. haha although i;m not that good on using it. just the basic of lure fishing haha
    ]

Onz lah brudder! At least u know the basics.... better than me! I'm a fellow Hougang-er too 8)