Anyone going to Bedok Jetty?

Bucks
edited August 2008 in Kakis looking for Kakis
Anyone heading for bedok jetty tomorrow morning?
  • guy_plain
    Wats up?
    I was there from 0800 - 1230 hrs.
    Caught about 1.5 kg of tambans.
    Another lucky angler caught a queen fish 28 inch/4 kg.

Fyi.
    A dark complexion angler caught about 40 tamban and left them dry on the jetty floor. He initially said that these were meant for his friends going to some fishing pond. However that did not happened. He did ask if anyone wants them but by then the fish had shrunk and looked uggleee. He then threw them into the sea and replied its ok...the crabs will eat them.

B4 that, I was approached by a tamban fishing couple if I would take their tamban which was kept neatly in a plastic bag. I supposed they were not going home directly as they were smooching in between tambans (openly between tamban catching crowd). One had a green t-shirt (something biathlon). I graciously took them and later gave them to another angler who intent on staying till 2000 hrs.
  • wawai anglers
    Hey bro im at bedok jetty frm 130808 (2230) to 140808 (1245) with my wife and kids doing fishing and i also saw mr blackie jigging a tamban and just leave them dry on the floor.. This kind of angler still have arnd he really damn wasted all the tamban maybe bcos of him now left few of tamban to jig and use for bait and fried for dinner... The best part my wife and 4 kids calling him MR BLACKIE STUPID he having brain not at the head but at the butt...... :evil:
  • hairyharry
    wawai anglers" said:
    Hey bro im at bedok jetty frm 130808 (2230) to 140808 (1245) with my wife and kids doing fishing and i also saw mr blackie jigging a tamban and just leave them dry on the floor.. This kind of angler still have arnd he really damn wasted all the tamban maybe bcos of him now left few of tamban to jig and use for bait and fried for dinner... The best part my wife and 4 kids calling him MR BLACKIE STUPID he having brain not at the head but at the butt...... :evil:
    What makes you say that because of him, tambans decreasing in number
    and not enough for bait and fried for dinner? Isn't it the same as
    you bring them home? Do you think tambans will end? If it does then
    humans will too. And thats crap.

At least he have got some heart that he wants to distribute to people or to feed those crabs beneath the jetty according to what guy_plain has mentioned. What really shocked me was that according to you, your wife and kids actually being racist upon calling him 'mr blackie stupid'. Even i can't accept that. Has he done something bad to you or your family that he really really deserved? Its sad for him.
  • crazyfishing
    THESE PEOPLE (mr blackie) ARE REALLY SICK AND SHOULD HAVE THROW INTO THE SEA TO FEED BIG GAME FISHES. BUT SORRY TO GET YOU KNOW THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY SUCH PEOPLE IN SINGAPORE/MALAYSIA AND TRUST ME, THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE THE LAST TIME YOU ENCOUNTER SUCH SCENARIO............. :cry:
  • wawai anglers
    Im angry when we saw a uncle arnd 70+ asking him to put the tambans that he left on the floor into a plastic that the uncle trying to give it to him but and up he push him away is that rude or not..
    Still the old uncle keep cool and ask some tamban frm him and u wanna to what.....!!! He kick of all the tambans that is not a pro angler.. im sorry if i hurts u btw i not racist im a mly and the uncle is chinese..
  • crazyhighway
    Sorry to interupt guys,but I have to agree with Wawai Angler....
  • wawai anglers
    If this mr blackie trying to practice catch and release might as well he practice at PRMP coz he think that he the only angler who know to fish at bedok jetty.. He really too over action and really rude to old folks btw to all anglers out there pls be more considerate and courtesy to one another.. I'm really sorry if i'm hurting anyone's feeling..
  • Xenokel
    wawai anglers" said:
    If this mr blackie trying to practice catch and release might as well he practice at PRMP coz he think that he the only angler who know to fish at bedok jetty.. He really too over action and really rude to old folks btw to all anglers out there pls be more considerate and courtesy to one another.. I'm really sorry if i'm hurting anyone's feeling..
    bro.. theres thousand and millions of people in the world. not all suits our needs. those ppl had alot of pattern 1. y not just hack care and leave him alone, cos.. the more u say here, the more u think of his action.. and... the more u get angry.. just put this away and proceed to see how can we get more fishes and bigger fish..
  • patricknaustin1
    I "love" this type of angler! I surely practice bait casting with him standing near my hooks! If while casting, I accidently hurt him, I would surely tell him, it's ok, NOT my flesh!
  • crazyfishing
    patricknaustin1" said:
    I "love" this type of angler! I surely practice bait casting with him standing near my hooks! If while casting, I accidently hurt him, I would surely tell him, it's ok, NOT my flesh!
    Good idea! I hope I am not the one you 'LOVE". :badgrin:
  • Nimo
    guy_plain" said:
    Wats up?
    I was there from 0800 - 1230 hrs.
    Caught about 1.5 kg of tambans.
    Another lucky angler caught a queen fish 28 inch/4 kg.

Fyi.
    A dark complexion angler caught about 40 tamban and left them dry on the jetty floor. He initially said that these were meant for his friends going to some fishing pond. However that did not happened. He did ask if anyone wants them but by then the fish had shrunk and looked uggleee. He then threw them into the sea and replied its ok...the crabs will eat them.

B4 that, I was approached by a tamban fishing couple if I would take their tamban which was kept neatly in a plastic bag. I supposed they were not going home directly as they were smooching in between tambans (openly between tamban catching crowd). One had a green t-shirt (something biathlon). I graciously took them and later gave them to another angler who intent on staying till 2000 hrs.
    Hello Bro

I have observed a significant reduction in Tamban concentration for the past 3 years. Each year, the Tambans are reducing in terms of catch rate in Singapore as well as in Malaysia. Many are well aware about it. I used to jig for Tambans in BJT or Labrador park. But I do not do that anymore.

I think those who jig Tamban and leave them to dry on the deck or throw them back is worse than a, "I do not want to say this in a open forum". If they do not want the Tamban ,why jig for them and kill them for nothing??

What is the meaning of Catch and Release? It is about conservation and allowing our future generations to enjoy what we have now. Many just take things for granted and do not care less. Typically, well, many Singaporeans are.

How about driving a car, run over this guy, and say "opps. your insurance will pay for you". Aka what he said the crap will eat the Tamban.

I feel sick about this type of people. In Australia or US, people need a fishing license to fish and it is illegal to catch and keep fishes that are too small. Even without a license people has a brain about appreciating the nature and the future. Then we have a $ face garment whose brain is grown only in the anus. They wont careless about such things.

If you want to catch a Tamban in the future, you should Screw that dark complexion SOB who caught about 40 tamban (he is not an angler, rather, an a**hole) straight in the face.

I have enough of such bast**ds who catch and pile up a big pile of Tamban and then walk away. Their future generations and their financial situation will suffer the same fate as the poor wasted Tambans.

Can someone bring this up and write to the Shitty Times. Not much effect, at lease made known to the general public.

Next time, if you see someone jig Tamban and leave on the deck, go tell him/her : you are not a human being. Stop it and get lost.
  • wawai anglers
    i agree with nimo.. :)
  • guy_plain
    Fyi again.
    Most of the regulars at BJ do not like him at all.
    On my part, I have stay away from him (use to give him live tamban bait).
    In fact, the first time I saw him...I had some reservation. That day, he caught parang and queenfish. He displayed both fish till they were dried. When he was about to leave, he then offered his queenfish. I took up the offer and fillet the fish. Gave the fish to another angler who said that queenfish has one of best fish meat.

As for the allergy that queenfish might cause ..itchiness and skin issue, he said to use the bone as an antidote. Bake, grind and apply on the affected area.

:D
  • crazyfishing
    guy_plain" said:
    Fyi again.
    Most of the regulars at BJ do not like him at all.
    On my part, I have stay away from him (use to give him live tamban bait).
    In fact, the first time I saw him...I had some reservation. That day, he caught parang and queenfish. He displayed both fish till they were dried. When he was about to leave, he then offered his queenfish. I took up the offer and fillet the fish. Gave the fish to another angler who said that queenfish has one of best fish meat.

As for the allergy that queenfish might cause ..itchiness and skin issue, he said to use the bone as an antidote. Bake, grind and apply on the affected area.

:D
    Queen fish was one of the best fish to be eaten :?: :?: :?: That must be a joke :lol: :lol: :lol: I have try once and never want to eat them again. It meat was hard and tasteless when you steam it. So nowadays, when I landed Queen fish, I give it to those cheap labour (foreign workers) in my company. Not knowing they cause allergy.
  • wawai anglers
    I AGREE with our kakis crazyfishing :lol:
  • crazyfishing
    :idea: Maybe we should take picture of those guys that don't know to behave or repect other and post it in FK. :idea:
  • wawai anglers
    YEAH.... U have a GOOD IDEA... :lol: