Pulau Aur Fishing trip on 03 Oct to 05 Oct.

goondu
edited August 2008 in Kakis looking for Kakis
My first time organizing fishing trip to Pulau Aur on 03 Oct to 05Oct(Friday to sunday), 2008. Food & lodging @ Lanting Beach Resort. 3D/2N RM238. Nice resort with panaromic view of the sea. Good food too. Owned by a nice guy, Pak Din. 60-footer boat rental @ RM1,850(RM200 increase due to price of petrol) to be shared equally. Other minor expenses such as ice (RM3 per pack) and boatmen tips also to be shared equally. Need to arrange own transport to Mersing, or any kind enough kaki driving can give a lift to share cost. Reach Mersing at around 5-6am.

Number of anglers is capped at 8, 5 slots left. Usual catches are Tuna, Dorado, Grouper, Spanish Mackerel, Rays, Black Marlin & lots of sotong. (season). Interested please post here or email me at : adrianwong@pacific.net.sg.

Interested party need to put down SGD$100 to avoid any last min cancellation, not fair to other anglers. Person involve who can't make it to this trip after paying deposit will have to look for his/her own replacement.(And you get back your own $ from this new replacement kaki). I will not be involve in this case... :lol:

Any question? Just post here loh. We work our way out ok?
  • goondu
    This is the place we will be staying : http://www.lantingresort.com.my/new/

Will be fishing around Pulau Pemanggil and Pulau Aur.

Will upload some photo soon from previous trip... :lol:

Cheers!
  • goondu
    4 Slots left... :lol:

Cheers!
  • goondu
    Ok, for those who asked about the detail:

Room rate is : RM$238 per pax for 3D2N stay @ lanting resort. 2 or 3 pax to a room, will arrange with those involve later.

Boat Rate is : RM$1850 For 2 Days fishing.

Total per pax at estimated rate is : RM$238 + (RM$1850/8) = RM$469.25. Plus abit of ice and stuffs so make it about RM$490.

Run Down:

Day 1 (03 Oct) : Move off from SG about 2/3am. Reach Mersing say 6am. Take boat from jetty and should reach Lanting resort at about 9am follow by rest time till lunch. Set off fishing after lunch till about 6/7PM, then go back to resort for dinner and rest for the night.

Day 2 (04 Oct) : Take breakfast, then move off at about 9am to fish till evening time like day 1 timing. Lunch will be onboard(Pre-pack).

Day 3 (05 Oct) : Take breakfast, then move off at about 8am again to fish till about noon. Back to resort for lunch and quick shower and off we go back to Mersing.

Cheers! :D
  • goondu
    Some photo from previous trip taken by James...

• goondu
    More...

There are many groupers caught, but I think no one took the photo on them...

• goondu
    Hi kakis,

All 8 slots are taken up. Any back out will update again. Thanks for the interest!

Tight lines!

Cheers!
  • goondu
    Now 3 slots avail... :D

Cheers!
  • shoot
    what is the cost for the trip?

transport provided?
  • goondu
    shoot" said:
    what is the cost for the trip?

transport provided?
    Hi there,

Cost work out to about RM$500 and below. Need to arrange own transport. So far 2 car going up, mine already taking 2 kakis. If you want I can check with the other kaki driving whether he could 'tom pang' for you. PM me your location and I check with him?

Cheers! :D
  • goondu
    2 slots left... :D

1) Myself
    2) Shimrec (Down collected)
    3) Shimrec03
    4) Jeff L
    5) Jeff L friend
    6) Koo

Cheers!
  • goondu
    2 slots left...

1) Myself
    3) Shimrec03
    4) Jeff L (Down collected)
    5) Jeff L friend (Down collected)
    6) Koo (Down collected)

Btw, Koo is very kind enough to offer the lift for any kakis which don't have transport to Mersing. As for cost, think split share on gas is fair.

Cheers!
  • goondu
    1 slot left...

1) Myself
    3) Shimrec03
    6) Koo (Down collected)
    7) pp389

Cheers!
  • goondu
    Thanks for all interested kakis, slots all taken up. :lol:

1) Myself
    3) Shimrec03
    6) Koo (Down collected)
    7) Koo friend
    8) pp389

Cheers!
  • goondu
    Hi kakis,

As requested by many from you guys.

The night fishing rates as I extracted from their webby is : Boat Rental for mid-night is RM 250.00 from 10pm - 7am. I can't say if there are any price increase though... :lol: . If base on 8 pax, then cost per pax is RM31.25.

Many thanks,

Cheers!
  • goondu
    All base on RM200.

1.) Myself
    2.) Shimrec (Down collected)
    3.) Shimrec03 (Down collected)
    4.) Jeff L (Down collected)
    5.) Jeff L friend (Down collected)
    6.) Koo (Down collected)
    7.) Koo friend
    8.) pp389

Cheers!
  • Melvin Lee
    goondu" said:
    All base on RM200.

1.) Myself
    6.) Koo (Down collected)
    7.) Koo friend
    8.) pp389

Cheers!
    Gd Luck bro.
  • goondu
    Melvin Lee" said:
    [quote="goondu"]All base on RM200.

1.) Myself
    6.) Koo (Down collected)
    7.) Koo friend
    8.) pp389

Cheers!

Gd Luck bro.[/quote]

Thanks bro! Hope to fish with you someday... :lol:

Cheers!
  • Seagal
    Hi all :)

Im new here. Had alreli finished viewing all site, cos im here almost everyday to view, wats new.

Use to go offshore fishing, stop for sometime. Been to sibu kelong once 3 mths ago. Love Sea alot, of cos same for fishing :p

Never been to Lanting but is veri nice. Im keep to join, if next trip have slot, do let me knw. Enjoy n Catch TONsss
  • goondu
    Seagal" said:
    Hi all :)

Im new here. Had alreli finished viewing all site, cos im here almost everyday to view, wats new.

Use to go offshore fishing, stop for sometime. Been to sibu kelong once 3 mths ago. Love Sea alot, of cos same for fishing :p

Never been to Lanting but is veri nice. Im keep to join, if next trip have slot, do let me knw. Enjoy n Catch TONsss
    Hi there bro,

Will keep you in mind...some of my kakis(Never been Aur) already planning to go Aur next year March! :shock: . Will let you know if this trip is firm.

Anyway, if you do surf cast as well, you can join us anytime. PM me and we arrange?

Tight lines!

Cheers!
  • goondu
    All base on RM200.

1.) Myself
    6.) Koo (Down collected)
    7.) Koo friend (Down collected)
    8.) pp389

Cheers!
  • ricardo75wong
    Hi Goondu,

It's Ricardo. Just to let you know that extension boat rental for night fishing is RM250 for 2 nights. I'm afraid you might inflate the rates if you pay more than that. (Used to be just RM200 for 2 nights.) Do not let Pak Din make the arrangement. Just tell the boatman that you wanna do night fishing and you'll pay RM250 extra for 2 nights.

Happy fishing man and get lots of dorados, tunas, groupers ..... ok.

Cheers - Ric
  • goondu
    ricardo75wong" said:
    Hi Goondu,

It's Ricardo. Just to let you know that extension boat rental for night fishing is RM250 for 2 nights. I'm afraid you might inflate the rates if you pay more than that. (Used to be just RM200 for 2 nights.) Do not let Pak Din make the arrangement. Just tell the boatman that you wanna do night fishing and you'll pay RM250 extra for 2 nights.

Happy fishing man and get lots of dorados, tunas, groupers ..... ok.

Cheers - Ric
    Hi bro,

Really a BIG Thank youto you for the pointers! Help us save $$$... :lol:

Tight lines bro!

Cheers!
  • goondu
    All base on RM200. Down collected from all kakis! Thanks guys! Please PM me your details for the trip. NRIC, full name, passport number and date of birth.

1.) Myself
    6.) Koo (Down collected)
    7.) Koo friend (Down collected)
    8.) pp389 (Down collected)

Tight lines!

Cheers!