Shimano Sierra 1000FB problem.

fiore
edited December 2005 in Reels
My abovementioned reel dropped into the sea and thus fine sand entered and got stuck inside my reel. after dismantling the reel and fixing it back properly, i find that the gear is not working. Even though its not an expensive reel, i just bought it and find it suit to my fishing needs. Can somebody help me? Advice? Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
    fiore" said:
    My abovementioned reel dropped into the sea and thus fine sand entered and got stuck inside my reel. after dismantling the reel and fixing it back properly, i find that the gear is not working. Even though its not an expensive reel, i just bought it and find it suit to my fishing needs. Can somebody help me? Advice? Thanks in advance.
    Too general, got to have more descriptions of the problem before any analysis can be done.
  • fiore
    hmm..i can spin the reel smoothly..its the gear that allows the spool to turn clockwise and anti-clockwise.. that gear is not werking. turning it either directions has no effect. my spool can unwind and release my line out. Hope this helps.
  • poptart
    fiore" said:
    hmm..i can spin the reel smoothly..its the gear that allows the spool to turn clockwise and anti-clockwise.. that gear is not werking. turning it either directions has no effect. my spool can unwind and release my line out. Hope this helps.
    I believed that you have not placed back the anti reverse spring in order. Do dismantle it again, and make sure you have done it the way you took out. It is a human error only. 8)