Drag not as good

stanle
edited January 2006 in Reels
After stripping my Daiwa Freams 1500 to clean and degrease and clean, tested and used for fishing, the Drag become less "tight" means tightened alot liao, but much much loose and lesser drag.

did i miss out something or i shld change new drag washer or wadever?

bear in mind, i don repair or strip reels often, still new to this fussy things :lol:

is it becos i over-tortured the reel liao? which i had already done so :lol:
time for a better reel :twisted: christmas, new year, cny coming :lol:
  • Tenggeri K
    Put some "ZX1" The ultimate friction eliminator. No horse run brother.
  • Anonymous
    Tenggeri K" said:
    Put some "ZX1" The ultimate friction eliminator. No horse run brother.
    I think you have made a negative suggestion. He's having a less "tight" drags and yet you want to lubricates it :shock: "ZX1" is not a drag lube/grease, it is for BBs and moving metal parts. You need to buy drag grease for you drags, however please be awared of this...Not all drags are suitable to use drag grease, only wet drags system are advisable.

As for the not tight drag for thr Freams, these are the two possibilities:

1. The drags are worn.
    2. While lubricating when you were servicing, some oil might have ran into drags. Clean away the oil with lighter fluid will do.
  • Tenggeri K
    Thank you Jack,
    I mistakenly read his reel needs oiling so i suggest he use the oil.

Anyway stanle, friday got lobang boat fishing "ai mai" ? You SMS me to fish on thursday, I not free but friday can. Found a boatman but must confirm by today.
  • stanle
    Jack: Thks for the response, the feeling is i tightened till cant tighten liao, maybe i misplaced some parts, will try work out later.

Tenggi: fri buey sai la, told u many many projects coming in :cry:
  • Anonymous
    stanle" said:
    Jack: Thks for the response, the feeling is i tightened till cant tighten liao, maybe i misplaced some parts, will try work out later.
    Stanle,
    Same for overhead reels LD type, if oil is seeped into the drag, it will not help even if you set full drag. Therefore, you need to analyse again the root causes. Or may be like what you have said, some parts missing...
  • stanle
    Jack Lai" said:
    [quote="stanle"]Jack: Thks for the response, the feeling is i tightened till cant tighten liao, maybe i misplaced some parts, will try work out later.
    Stanle,
    Same for overhead reels LD type, if oil is seeped into the drag, it will not help even if you set full drag. Therefore, you need to analyse again the root causes. Or may be like what you have said, some parts missing...[/quote]

maybe i shld jus pass u the reel, u "teach" me to service. :lol:

bye all, MC go fishing liao :lol:
  • dafrogman
    Stanle dude,

Aside from the oil in drag possibility mentioned by Jack, you should take apart your drag stack again and double check that you have put it on correctly, more often than not, this will cause the symptoms you have described, i.e. a bottomed out drag knob without much drag. Pay special attention to any belville/spring washers that might be in your drag stack.

Regards,

DFM
  • stanle
    dafrogman" said:
    Stanle dude,

Aside from the oil in drag possibility mentioned by Jack, you should take apart your drag stack again and double check that you have put it on correctly, more often than not, this will cause the symptoms you have described, i.e. a bottomed out drag knob without much drag. Pay special attention to any belville/spring washers that might be in your drag stack.

Regards,

DFM
    thks all for the help.
    actually i found something amiss and some worn out, i took some mini parts from other reels to add in, the drag so much better, better than original :lol:
  • numb
    thks all for the help.
    actually i found something amiss and some worn out, i took some mini parts from other reels to add in, the drag so much better, better than original :lol:[/quote]

you really crazy la .. overtortue ur reel.. kay kiang! but i understand cant find schemetics on it though online .. any bros cant help ..

drag must upgrade la bro ..
  • sk8
    Another thing you make want to check for in future is whether the drag washers :
    1 - Have been put back in the correct order, or
    2 - Have the correct sides facing out. Some metal washers are constructed to be slightly concave or cut in such a way that one side is slightly more concave than the other. What this means is that for example washers placed in this pattern - |()| will have different performance characteristics to something like this |))|

Cheers.
  • stanle
    sk8" said:
    Another thing you make want to check for in future is whether the drag washers :
    1 - Have been put back in the correct order, or
    2 - Have the correct sides facing out. Some metal washers are constructed to be slightly concave or cut in such a way that one side is slightly more concave than the other. What this means is that for example washers placed in this pattern - |()| will have different performance characteristics to something like this |))|

Cheers.
    hehe, the washers oredi koyak, looked like those cheese slices when u shred across the cheese, unrecognised "C" shape :lol: