Best Modifications

humphrey1983
edited April 2005 in General Fishing
Hey brothers...
Anyone have any comments on the best modifications you have done to your gears? is it limited to only the surfcasting equipment? or in terms of drag etc? Any optimum way to enhance your equipment's performance? Please enlighten. Thanks
Regards
Humphrey
  • Michael Lim
    humphrey1983" said:
    Hey brothers...
    Anyone have any comments on the best modifications you have done to your gears? is it limited to only the surfcasting equipment? or in terms of drag etc? Any optimum way to enhance your equipment's performance? Please enlighten. Thanks
    Regards
    Humphrey
    Have not done much to my reel. But I believe that it can be further modified if I really have the time and cash to spend on it.

So far, the only change would be a drag change to smooothies. Abu stock drags are terrible and jerky. The Abu range has a whole lot of improvised parts for modification.

For the 2000 range, I have seen wiffle spools, upgrades for the level-wind, ball bearings (from Abec 7 to ceramic ones), power handles, low capacity spools, etc...

How and what you modify would depend greatly on which aspect you are looking for.

Cheers,