Penn bc reels

feesh
edited April 2005 in General Fishing
can someone suggets a good penn bc reel that cost below $100?
  • Michael Lim
    feesh" said:
    I suggest that you read up the classifieds more regularly and also check out all the revelant websites before you ask such queries again.

Just for your info, no one would sell a working Penn or a Avet for anything less than $200+ (at least in my opinion from seeing the various classified ads)

Please do some proper homework and hunt thru beach road for the brand new price (from there you may take off 20 - 30% for a second hand price, then you ask from others if they are willing to match such a price range)

regards,
  • feesh
    k thanks
  • Anonymous
    If you are seriously looking for Penn BC, try looking for the 920~940 series. They cost less than $120, i guess.
  • Melvin Lee
    feesh" said:
    Go to cash converters. Sometimes they do sell penn and shimano reels at unbelievable price. Range from 20 - 80

Want to know where cash converters are, search www.googles.com.sg for infos.
  • nid
    What may i ask is the purpose of this reel? Remember that the mention reels are not used for luring. More of surfcasting and bottom.
  • Melvin Lee
    May i know how to surf cast with puny little 920 levelmatic? :roll:
  • Michael Lim
    nid" said:
    What may i ask is the purpose of this reel? Remember that the mention reels are not used for luring. More of surfcasting and bottom.
    Thanks Nid, this is the most important part, what are u using it for. For luring, you'd be looking at something small and light (about a 2000 size reel for Abu), and not a reel designed for another purpose in mind. Some of the reels which are from this brand are not really suited for lure fishing in our local context. They may be suitable in other places though such as Australia where they like to cast BIG plugs on tackle loaded with 20lb braided.

Cheer,
  • Achilles
    Hi feesh,

Looks like you are looking for a BC outfit, actualli, asking for advices/seeking info in fk is very good info center. But it will be better , if u can go down to the shops to recce and ask the ppl in the shops, i believe they will be more than happy to help you out. Its oso better when u can handle the reels or rods in the shop...

Checkout the link, see if any of shops is near ur place if beach rd is too far for u.

http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=38

Cheers!
    Sharp hooks!