BC rods?

feesh
edited April 2005 in General Fishing
is there such thing as bait casting rods? can suggest a good one and where i can get it?
  • triptyce
    yeap, baitcasting rods are mainly build to suit baitcasting reels (multipliers) due to its inverted backbone. You can check out the stores in beach road, there are plenty there. Just my 2 cents :D
  • feesh
    can suggets any good ones?
  • Bernard Tan
    Budget brother? To match with what reels?
  • nid
    I ans for him, cheap cheap..... Get a Shakespear contender, cheap and so so rod. If you want better, i want to sell off my custom extreme rapier V1 10-17 rod at $90, got my name but can be removed. Condition see for yourself. Low usage.
  • ken_boy
    nid" said:
    I ans for him, cheap cheap..... Get a Shakespear contender, cheap and so so rod. If you want better, i want to sell off my custom extreme rapier V1 10-17 rod at $90, got my name but can be removed. Condition see for yourself. Low usage.

I am interested, pls call me at 98677764, Ken
  • feesh
    Bernard Tan" said:
    Budget brother? To match with what reels?
    my budget $50
  • shineshy
    a normal decent Bc reel. would cost u around 100 liao..Try tica or sure catch...for a lower budget..
  • feesh
    wah luring so ex.....
  • nid
    Sport fishing is more expensive then buying fish. One lure can feed you for lunch and dinner.
  • Michael Lim
    feesh" said:
    wah luring so ex.....
    If you find it expensive, then start off with a spinning set. it'll bring the budget down. But remember one thing, what you get is what you paid for.. you pay peanuts, you're gonna get monkeys.

cheers,
  • Melvin Lee
    50?? go buy surecatch or 3 triangle (dunno still got this brand or not) or pioneer. All these rods bloody cheap..

Cheap rod also can land nice fish too. Not really must buy branded to catch good fish especially fishing streams and shore when luring or light baiting.

I've used a 3' spinning tica rod and lands 2kg grouper in long kau few 1 month back.

Singapore alot of long kaus, most of the saltwater long kau got unexpected catch.
  • Michael Lim
    Melvin Lee" said:
    50?? go buy surecatch or 3 triangle (dunno still got this brand or not) or pioneer. All these rods bloody cheap..

Cheap rod also can land nice fish too. Not really must buy branded to catch good fish especially fishing streams and shore when luring or light baiting.

I've used a 3' spinning tica rod and lands 2kg grouper in long kau few 1 month back.

Singapore alot of long kaus, most of the saltwater long kau got unexpected catch.
    Well, they can definitely land fish. But a better made rod may improve the fishing experience for you too, for example by reducing the amount of stress your arm may feel while fishing (a lighter, more powerful rod does help in this way)

Cheers,
  • Trevor
    Melvin Lee" said:

Yo brother, the rod u were using at MS POND that night isit>? Alamak.. u go longkang hunting next time jio me and Derrick hor? Me very keen.. other long kau also can.. lolz..
  • Melvin Lee
    Michael Lim" said:
    [quote="Melvin Lee"]50?? go buy surecatch or 3 triangle (dunno still got this brand or not) or pioneer. All these rods bloody cheap..

Well, they can definitely land fish. But a better made rod may improve the fishing experience for you too, for example by reducing the amount of stress your arm may feel while fishing (a lighter, more powerful rod does help in this way)

Cheers,[/quote]

After fishing so many years, customed rods or branded rods will give the angler a better sense of confident level and perhaps let the angler be abit lazy.

Anyway these are my take.

Trevor,

I told dick afew long kau spot liao. U go ask him.. :lol: Yes its that super short rod, i used in MS pond. Cute, cheap and yet powerful. :lol:
  • Trevor
    Oh.. Okay will bug him really soon.. Anyway if u wanna offload that small rod.. u know who to look for :) :)
  • Melvin Lee
    Trevor" said:
    Oh.. Okay will bug him really soon.. Anyway if u wanna offload that small rod.. u know who to look for :) :)
    LOL.. I think i will keep that cutie rod. hehehe..