Newbie cum Tioman Fishes

rummynose2003
edited May 2005 in Catch Reports
Hi all, me new in this forum...looks like this is one of the few active forums found in singapore currently....

Wat does CR means? *dun dare to use first* o.0"

Anyway, here are some of the fishes caught at Tioman...enjoy!!

• s999andy
    rummynose2003" said:
    Hi all, me new in this forum...looks like this is one of the few active forums found in singapore currently....

Wat does CR means? *dun dare to use first* o.0"

Anyway, here are some of the fishes caught at Tioman...enjoy!!
    Hi rummynose2003. CR means Catch Report :D
  • rummynose2003
    orh...at first i tot CR means catch and release. then i saw boxes of fish carcasses...then funny....tot its suppose to be Catch and Release, from the title of the message...haha! thanks...enjoy the pics...
  • feesh
    nice catches. wad's the first fish?
  • s1lver.
    rummynose2003" said:
    orh...at first i tot CR means catch and release. then i saw boxes of fish carcasses...then funny....tot its suppose to be Catch and Release, from the title of the message...haha! thanks...enjoy the pics...
    Haha, We normally use 'CnR' to indicate catch and release here.

Anyway, WELCOME! 8)
  • rummynose2003
    eh, i dunno wat the fishes are....just that i think the second one is parrot if i m not wrong.....first one looks quite nice, but dunno wat it is...too small for eating.l i gave it to the boatman....
  • Jacktrevally
    nice fishos......
  • Tenggeri K
    rummynose2003" said:
    eh, i dunno wat the fishes are....just that i think the second one is parrot if i m not wrong.....first one looks quite nice, but dunno wat it is...too small for eating.l i gave it to the boatman....
    The first fish you post, the Malays called it Kelisi. Male ones are more beautiful in colour. The Chinese called it AngKoli (common names).
    Correct me if I am wrong.
  • rummynose2003
    oh, Ang Ko Li. think i heard it before. duno wat is the fishing action like in tioman cos i only rented a small boat for fishing just somewhere near its resort. Rent is quite cheap thou. never went far. duno if there got surface fishes anot... any CR in this forum from tioman?
  • Tenggeri K
    I myself cannot find any catch results. BTW which Kampong did you stay rummynose2003 ?
    I am going on the 20-23 May to northern Tioman. If results are good I will post.
  • rummynose2003
    tenggiri,
    are u going there for holiday or purely fishing trip? me went there just for holiday, then just rented a boat to see if there are any fishes anot...a simple one, or should say a recce mission.
    tioman got fishing spots anot? that time i stayed at berjaya resort. food nice, service excellent, staff attitude lagi good.... if in sg go pasir ris resort u look at the service there....its like they are paying us for their service...hahaha! opps... :roll:
  • Tenggeri K
    I have been to Berjaya Resort before. Over ther got not much fish and the place is controlled by the Authorities to prevent overfishing. It is also called Kampong Tekek. There is a Marine Park for people to enjoy too.
    That place is okay. But our group prefer another Kampong further north where we enjoy fishing, beautiful beaches and good food, most of all got night activities like music bars at the beach where they sells beers and cigarettes, barbecues and big TVs too. There are big Komodos to watch too.The fresh fishes we caught is cooked by our restaurant on the same day. We usually relax at the beach during evening after a hard days fishing and enjoy watching girls go by.
    In fact there are more than 10 Kampongs at Tioman. I have been to more than half of it. And at present, we have found the best Kampong that we have agreed. I started going to Tioman at 1986 every year. We organise ourselves to go Tioman once or twice every year depending got enough 8 kakis or not. It is usually around April or May or June or October. Our Trip is 4 days inclusive of weekend and always starts in the morning and reach there evening. 1st night fishing till morning, 2nd day check in air-cond chalet, then after lunch, go fishing again till evening 6pm, go back chalet to sleep. 3rd day fish whole day till evening go air-con chalet for sleep. 4th day go home in the morning. Of course all 3 meals is privided (include 5 chinese restaurant meals).
  • rummynose2003
    sounds interesting. so how is the catch over there? i know fishin is not allowed if its too close to the shore cos it might damage the corals. how big is the fishing boat that u all rent? wat are the catches expected? night fishin and day fishin also have...sounds good. But wat u mentioned is more of a fishin trip in tioman. that time i went there for leasure only, only did some light fishing only, never reli got a chance to reli explore the place.
    wat is the cost like for such a trip that u mentioned?? :D
  • Tenggeri K
    rummynose2003" said:
    sounds interesting. so how is the catch over there? i know fishin is not allowed if its too close to the shore cos it might damage the corals. how big is the fishing boat that u all rent? wat are the catches expected? night fishin and day fishin also have...sounds good. But wat u mentioned is more of a fishin trip in tioman. that time i went there for leasure only, only did some light fishing only, never reli got a chance to reli explore the place.
    wat is the cost like for such a trip that u mentioned?? :D
    Hello friend,
    Sorry for late reply. Been busy lately. Regarding your question, if you can wait, I will email the details to you later.
    If you got more questions can email them to me s0033659i@yahoo.com.sg
This discussion has been closed.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016