Dragon Fish?

eugenecj
edited August 2005 in General Fishing
Anyone hear of that fish before? Heard from my friend dad that it lives in Freshwater and eat Toman and even ducks, chicken even humans.

Also heard that there are people keeping them around CCK area.

Anyone seen it before or have a picture of it? =)
  • sivakis
    Errrm dragon fish?? Never hear before, especially those that can eat duck and human... unless your dad referring to "dragons" as crocodile/alligator.. then.. maybe...
  • waynerh
    I guess your father's referring to the Arapaima or "Ju4 Long2" in Chinese....

• chineseguy_1979
    eugenecj" said:
    Anyone hear of that fish before? Heard from my friend dad that it lives in Freshwater and eat Toman and even ducks, chicken even humans.

abt eating human maybe not for ju long. but duck and other small animals maybe. other the ju long will be aro liao refering to dragon in the fish world
  • chris@sg
    tot arowana was aka dragon fish ?
  • Deepblue
    Dragon Fish aka Arowana that correct..

eugenecj, i thk your dad mentioned should be Arapaima...

:wink:
  • chris@sg
    eugenecj" said:

are you talking about the house with peacocks in the front yard?? the person supposedly have 6-7 fishes under his house... quite dark color....

think it was shown on tv before....

hose if i am not wrong is arapaima ..
  • West
    they call it ju4 long2 in chinese ( or giant dragon in direct translation)

think there have been CR of it caught before and i heard ppl seeing it in reserviors
  • D.F
    Saws these fishes in Pasir Ris Fish farms. One of the farm keep it in the backyard. The Notice put "Jui Long"(huge Dragon).
  • fish1401
    do u mean Arowana? lol~ its called "Dragon Fish" in chinese... but it cant eat toman n ducks.. toman n ducks are too large for them... lol~
  • biowaste
    fish1401" said:
    do u mean Arowana? lol~ its called "Dragon Fish" in chinese... but it cant eat toman n ducks.. toman n ducks are too large for them... lol~
    Actually quite the contary.. Arowanas can grow up to pretty big and huge sizs in the Amazon.
  • venpk09
    and they do eat birds, at least the wild ones do. they will even jump out and whack the bird! i think i heard this from a arrowana breeder.
  • agentf21
    I have an arowana at home I sometimes feed it baby snakeheads 
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016