PRP Opening soon - Past CR

captainkembong
edited April 2005 in General Fishing
Just to whet everyone's appetite for the impending opening of PRP, this was a fish caught AFTER it closed, sometime in the later part of 2004. Was fishing from the steps near where the coffee shop was and was lucky enough to get this.

Funny man, all the time go there pay money to fish, never get anything this size. Go when it is free and kena this one.

Rod used: Shimano Holidayspin 13ft telescopic
Reel: Tica 4500 spooled with 20 pound mono
Rig: Rocket float on 40 pound mono leader, 2/0 hook and live prawn (big)

Cast as far out as possible and just waited.

Witness: Bernie81 (if he remembers)
  • hellgeese
    Do u have any idea on the fees for each session at prp?
    i am going to the place on next coming week, maybe on tuesday or wednesday, interested to join me?
  • ben107
    hellgeese" said:
    Do u have any idea on the fees for each session at prp?
    i am going to the place on next coming week, maybe on tuesday or wednesday, interested to join me?
    $35 for the morning session on weekdays...
  • captainkembong
    heard that the rates are the same, $35 for day, $30 for night.

But for those kakis who drive, the carpark has changed man! now it's cashcard parking so cannot siam anymore. can remember last time go there at the most put 1 coupon before 10 p.m. and then put a night parking coupon (just to be safe).

Am unsure what the charges for the carpark will be like now cos i gave up my car. any kakis out there can give some input?
  • fishfishfish
    Rod: 9ft
    Reel: Applause 2000
    Line: 8lb fireline
    Style: PTK live prawn

• captainkembong
    wow! very nice catch man! must have been a great fight on 8lb fireline! if any other guys got nice catches please do post them up! am always glad to see people having good catches, esp on light tackle.
  • Michael Lim
    ok...

this is a very old catch... 7kg after one of the competitions and when the water level was very low (remember those days?)

I was luring with a Yo Zuri Mag minnow on a 12lb spinning gear... and this was the lucky catch.

• tadpole
    haha nice catch man....aiyah now new ppl take over..last time i was the young chap there with 2 frens...the one always at the pro pond....seeing ppl fish....used to know the ppl there..including the worker...always call him ali baba...haha...i like to hook sick fishes up at the metal bridge...last time there many sick fish..ang cho kee...mangrove jack oso have...i hooked b4 a est 3 kilo sea bass b4...but eventually kena confiscated by ali baba... :wink:
  • captainkembong
    actually it's not new people who are taking over. I understand that it is the original owners who have come back.

4 more days to go!!!
  • Germs
    here's 1 of the fish my friend cought after old prp closed

• feesh
    what fish is that?
  • Michael Lim
    feesh" said:
    what fish is that?
    these fishes are Sea Bass, aka KBL
  • Chinook
    That's a VERY good-looking fish! Even better looking when served up on the dining table! Mmmmmmm...............