Tanjong Pinang Boat Trip (11th June - 12 June 2005)

stingrray
edited July 2005 in Catch Reports
Early on 11th June (Saturday) morning, we reached one of Indonesia Kelong. Around 1.24pm.
  • stingrray
    There's an enclose 'fishing pond' at the kelong itself...
  • stingrray
    There's a few hut for rental there.
  • stingrray
    Handsome Guest of the Kelong...
  • stingrray
    More Details about the Fishing Pond...
  • stingrray
    Live Sea Food available at the resturant...
  • stingrray
    Time to go fishing... we board the small boat due to the small fishing team we have :lol:
  • stingrray
    Around 3pm we head out to our 1st fishing spot....
  • stingrray
    Facility of our boat...
  • stingrray
    Reached our first spot after 2hrs. Caught alot of rabbit fishes.. never too pic as it's not impressive. Slightly bigger than a palm.
  • stingrray
    Around 3pm plus, we set off fishing. After travelling for 2hrs to our 1st spot, it's about 5pm. Fish for a while then it's DINNER TIME :lol:
  • stingrray
    Beside fishing, it's also very enjoyable to watch sunset...
  • stingrray
    When night falls, the hunter came venturing out searching for SUPPER!
  • stingrray
    Golder Snapper caught around Sunday 0017hrs. Pic were taken shortly after the catch. Though the bladder 'burst' out, the fish is still alive when 'posting' for the camera :wink:
  • stingrray
    Early next morning, boat captain bring us to our last fishing boat. This location must be an excellent fishing playground. Location fisherman also park their boat there - Fishing.
  • stingrray
    Around 7.30am onwards, we meet a school of Chemin and Cobia. Didn't land much because we didn't have live Sotong. Thoughout the whole fishing trip, we were fishing with dead Sotong. Didn't mange to catch any live Sotong in the night.
  • stingrray
    More Chemin Landed
  • stingrray
    The Chemin & Cobia was just passing by. Feeding stop after a short while and soon we packup heading back to kelong.
  • stingrray
    Other Fishing Boat from other hearby Kelong.
  • stingrray
    Finally we were safely back to Kelong. Deckies unload our tackles and catch...
  • stingrray
    Helpers help guting our catch.... A list of fishes caught that I know.

* Travelly
    * Golden Snapper
    * Chemin
    * Barracuda
    * Cobia
    * Shark
    * Garfish
    * Rabbit Fish
    * Fingermark Snapper
  • stingrray
    We had our breakfast at Kelong before leaving...
  • MrKimKor
    wow...step by step guide...cheeers!
  • David Yong
    stingrray" said:
    We had our breakfast at Kelong before leaving...
    Hi, Stingray

Thanks for tour! Do you know the charges for fishing at the kelong as well as staying there?

Cheers

David
  • stingrray
    Kelong accepts SGD. Was told that Fishing is around S$35 per rod. room is around S$28. If purchase 2 rod (ie S$70), free 1 room :lol:

There all spending in Singapore currency. One tin of can softdrink cost S$1.00, one tin of Tiger Beer cost S$1.50.

Ferry to and from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal cost S$40.00. Transport from Tanjong Pinang Ferry Terminal to Kelong cost S$20.00 to the Kelong, and when going back, cost another S$20.00. Takes around 30mins to reach Kelong from the terminal. Transport charge by per trip. If 4 person going also S$20.00.

Kelong very nice environment but it's costly as all spending in SGD !
  • stingrray
    Ferry to and from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal cost S$40.00
    I meant you will need to pay S$40 for a 2 way ticket.
    * Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal to Tanjong Pinang Ferry Terminal (Going There)
    * Tanjong Pinang Ferry Terminal to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal (Coming Back)
  • shark07
    Yo Stingray,
    Whose kelong was that? Any name for it? Can you provide me the contact? Pls send it to adrianlim07@yahoo.com

Cheers,
    Shark07
  • stingrray
    Erm... guess it's not nice to name the Kelong as I dun want to advertist or promote this Kelong. No doubts it have nice environment but it's expensive. How come Indonesia Kelong collect Singapore Dollar. It's not cheap as well considering the Ferry, Vechicle, Drinks, Food, Stay...etc

Only plus point is it's environment. Very 'nature'.... I'll email you the Kelong's name.
  • Chinook
    Hi Stingray,

An excellent presentation! I enjoyed viewing your delightful photos and narrative very much. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Regards.
  • shark07
    stingrray" said:
    Erm... guess it's not nice to name the Kelong as I dun want to advertist or promote this Kelong. No doubts it have nice environment but it's expensive. How come Indonesia Kelong collect Singapore Dollar. It's not cheap as well considering the Ferry, Vechicle, Drinks, Food, Stay...etc

Only plus point is it's environment. Very 'nature'.... I'll email you the Kelong's name.

Thks !!
  • goh76
    Nice Cr. Anyone knows hows the fishing on the kelong itself??
This discussion has been closed.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2020