kuching charter during covid19

meridien
edited May 26 in Kakis looking for Kakis
im looking to know how the  arrangement as i book a kuching trip in june i have few questions need answers
so far i paid airtickets n deposit and kaki have experience this recently 

1)since the covid19 the airline airasia cancel my flight will they refund me in credits or cash?

2) will the charter refund me the 1000 as this is pandemic crisis ?

3)any other options i have ?

• botakchong
    (1) for Air Asia refund policy during COVID19.
    Please follow this link.
    https://support.airasia.com/s/article/Covid-19-Refund-Request-Guide?language=en_GB

• meridien
    (1) for Air Asia refund policy during COVID19.
    Please follow this link.
    https://support.airasia.com/s/article/Covid-19-Refund-Request-Guide?language=en_GB

​thanks boss how about the charter?
  • botakchong
    I don't fish in Kuching, I don't know lah. 
  • meridien
    I don't fish in Kuching, I don't know lah. 
    ​thanks boss 
  • Melvin Lee
    edited May 27
    Majority of charters especially from east malaysia do honor postponing the trip. If so, you can always plan another date within their grace period. For budget airline, it depend on the type of air ticket you've purchased, some only allow refund of 50% and some do not. If you have purchased a travel insurance, you may opt to your charter for them to cancel your deposit with a written letter of cancellation. With that you should be able to contact your travel insurance company in request for a insurance payout together with your air ticket.

Being said all these, if you have paid via an organizer, make sure your organizer is from a registered company (whom profit from the trip), you may get your organizer to provide the letter of cancel to you instead. Otherwise you have to seek the differences from the organizer separately.

You have a last option which is to sell your slot to someone else on your own account.
  • meridien
    Majority of charters especially from east malaysia do honor postponing the trip. If so, you can always plan another date within their grace period. For budget airline, it depend on the type of air ticket you've purchased, some only allow refund of 50% and some do not. If you have purchased a travel insurance, you may opt to your charter for them to cancel your deposit with a written letter of cancellation. With that you should be able to contact your travel insurance company in request for a insurance payout together with your air ticket.

Being said all these, if you have paid via an organizer, make sure your organizer is from a registered company (whom profit from the trip), you may get your organizer to provide the letter of cancel to you instead. Otherwise you have to seek the differences from the organizer separately.

You have a last option which is to sell your slot to someone else on your own account.
    ​im just worried that they play people out and use covid19 as an excuse to not pay back the deposit 
    cos kuching that happening there 
  • Melvin Lee
    edited May 29
    meridien said:

​im just worried that they play people out and use covid19 as an excuse to not pay back the deposit 

For me, i prefer getting either deposit refund or request for cancellation letter so i can make the insurance claims (Insurance claims likely will not give you 100% but better than nothing). You can try calling the charter (if you know which captain) or facebook msg them, most of the "Pro Singaporean" captain do entertain calls and msg. Do follow their facebook page to check latest feeds example if closing down. :#

But i think Its better to speak to your organizer. I believe many in FK whom fish kuching goes through some organizers with or without registered company. Good luck.
  • meridien
    meridien said:

For me, i prefer getting either deposit refund or request for cancellation letter so i can make the insurance claims (Insurance claims likely will not give you 100% but better than nothing). You can try calling the charter (if you know which captain) or facebook msg them, most of the "Pro Singaporean" captain do entertain calls and msg. Do follow their facebook page to check latest feeds example if closing down. :#

But i think Its better to speak to your organizer. I believe many in FK whom fish kuching goes through some organizers with or without registered company. Good luck.
    ​thanks melvin so much cos we book through a charter and sad to say they are link to  sea world tackle
  • Melvin Lee
    meridien said:
    meridien said:

​thanks melvin so much cos we book through a charter and sad to say they are link to  sea world tackle

O gosh. Good luck. Keep trying.
  • meridien
    meridien said:
    meridien said:

O gosh. Good luck. Keep trying.
    ​thanks so much melvin