pasir main pond

brother118
hi guys, i will be going to pasir ris main pond night session, any kind soul can give some tips? thank you  :(
  • ayeosq
    don't use live prawn 
  • brother118
    So all dead baits??? Any spot is better? My mind was no 10
  • ayeosq
    I find live prawn not effective, in fact I have seen people with deshell prawn appollo rig catching solid 3 fish near to the prawn collection point or those sure catch pond, where people like to lure
  • Melvin Lee
    No idea if this still works as i have not been there for months. Night time, depend on which area you are fishing. Nearer to opposite car park, use live milk fish or tilapia, nearer to the park (left when facing carpark) try use on rubber. If near net area, use teow keng or kambong fillet. Targetting grouper? Look for sealion statue amd use big head prawn.
  • brother118
    ayeosq said:
    I find live prawn not effective, in fact I have seen people with deshell prawn appollo rig catching solid 3 fish near to the prawn collection point or those sure catch pond, where people like to lure
    ​alright. Should be going the area beside kelong fishing
  • brother118
    No idea if this still works as i have not been there for months. Night time, depend on which area you are fishing. Nearer to opposite car park, use live milk fish or tilapia, nearer to the park (left when facing carpark) try use on rubber. If near net area, use teow keng or kambong fillet. Targetting grouper? Look for sealion statue amd use big head prawn.
    ​thanks for the inform, beside kelong efficient ?
  • Melvin Lee
    edited June 10
    It depends what time of the night you go as well. If you go after fish release, try head to the left side (park your rods near the empty pole holder directly facing the prawn shop). Cast out abt 30m, Fish love hiding there because of a big stone. If you intend to fish the kelong side, try day instead.
  • brother118
    It depends what time of the night you go as well. If you go after fish release, try head to the left side (park your rods near the empty pole holder directly facing the prawn shop). Cast out abt 30m, Fish love hiding there because of a big stone. If you intend to fish the kelong side, try day instead.
    ​thanks bro, hahah, shall try :D
  • oscar77
    What the hit rate there? Bring my sec children, do don't want to empty handed to demotivate them from this hobby. They play too much handphone game and want them to be more outdoor activity.
  • Melvin Lee
    oscar77 said:
    What the hit rate there? Bring my sec children, do don't want to empty handed to demotivate them from this hobby. They play too much handphone game and want them to be more outdoor activity.
    ​Suggest you bring them to bedok jetty instead. Hit rate to be honest depends on angler's skill in casting and knowing when to strike.
  • oscar77
    Thanks Melvin. Will do some study before head down Bedok jetty.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016