Oil for fishing reels?

asdasdking
Anybody advice if the attached oil is suitable for oiling my reels?

• Devilzken
    edited April 27
    Some swear by singer brand oil and many more. For peace of mind I jus get what is supposed to be use by reels and nutin else. U dunno what additives they add might cause any reaction to the reel or with the grease inside.
    Then again whatever rocks your boat just go with it  B)
  • Luke Maow Bear
    edited April 27
    The oil is too thick for bearings, it is OK for gears. So yeah.
  • asdasdking
    I just intend to give a few drops down the main shalf. Would it work? Not too sure how do I oil bearings tho. I won’t be dismantling my reel
  • asdasdking
    Devilzken said:
    Some swear by singer brand oil and many more. For peace of mind I jus get what is supposed to be use by reels and nutin else. U dunno what additives they add might cause any reaction to the reel or with the grease inside.
    Then again whatever rocks your boat just go with it  B)
    ​Any brand suggestions bro?
  • Devilzken
    edited April 27
    Can use the original oil come with Shimano reel or can jus go tackle shop to get these.

Drops into the shaft might contaminate the grease inside if u are using diff brand of oil other then the manufacturer brands. Each brands oil should work flawlessly without worry of cross contaminate as they come from the same brand and mostly they are using that same kind of lubs.

But again it's depending on individual on his beliefs. No right or wrong doing what u believe it's the best for your reel and wallet.

Some oil lubs like reelx or corrosion x will eat rubber seals so use wisely.

• asdasdking
    Devilzken said:
    Can use the original oil come with Shimano reel or can jus go tackle shop to get these.

Drops into the shaft might contaminate the grease inside if u are using diff brand of oil other then the manufacturer brands. Each brands oil should work flawlessly without worry of cross contaminate as they come from the same brand and mostly they are using that same kind of lubs.

But again it's depending on individual on his beliefs. No right or wrong doing what u believe it's the best for your reel and wallet.

Some oil lubs like reelx or corrosion x will eat rubber seals so use wisely.

​I’m using twinpower. But it doesn’t come with oils lol. Ok bro. I Guess I’ll get the shimano oil then. Thanks a lot for your information!
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016