Where to service Okuma Makaira reels?

Tekkai
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a good suggestion on where to service Okuma Makaira reels? The servicing time taken by TCE tackles is way too long man..
  • Luke Maow Bear
    What needs to be done exactly?

Is it a spinning or baitcast reel.
  • nuvole
    DIY mate, loads of information regarding this reel at Alan Tani's site!
  • Tekkai

​It’s an overhead 2 speed reel. Just needa service it cause i think I got a lemon..
  • Luke Maow Bear
    I think you can DIY it like Nuvole said, these overhead reels are very easy to service, even the 2 speed ones, just take pictures of every step you do that you think will foul you up.

If you don't mind me being nosy and ask exactly what is wrong? - I get Lemons all the time.
  • Tekkai
    I think you can DIY it like Nuvole said, these overhead reels are very easy to service, even the 2 speed ones, just take pictures of every step you do that you think will foul you up.

If you don't mind me being nosy and ask exactly what is wrong? - I get Lemons all the time.
    ​Everytime I crank my reel, there is this extra clicking noise, like as if something is loose inside. The cranking feeling isnt as smooth as it should be too.
  • nuvole
    This reel use double dog, could be lack of grease on the dog's gear.
  • EdLee
    edited May 8
    Tekkai said:

​It’s an overhead 2 speed reel. Just needa service it cause i think I got a lemon..
    ​If you really don't want to do it yourself, there's a few options.

1. 2000 Tackle - maybe some feel not as good but at least I get better service from them than from TCE. I just got something done on my Makaira over the weekend.
    2. Reel Spa - Calvin - long wait time, but he's good.
    3. Okuma showroom in JB, Permas Jaya

Yes, I have heard a lot of complaints about TCE's poor support.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016