BC Reel Recommendation for Light 3g> Lures?

DWJL511
Currently have a 2nd hand Conquest 200 with 6-12lb rod but find it hard/impossible to cast light lures in the 3g range. Er I know this reel not meant to cast so light lures but I'm too used to casting light lures for PBs with my spin setups and hv no problem even with MH set-up.

I've looked at the Shimano BFS reels and like the Conquest BFS but these are rather pricey and can't seem to find in SG (not selling here yet?).

Any other recommendations? Must be BFS type? How about Conquest 100HG as I like the drum look.

tks for any help :)
  • monstrad

conquest bfs hg is currently the best bfs reel out there, its size 50

u can find parallel imports at lure haven

i bought mine from topgear, need to order

• DWJL511
    all right thanks for the info
  • DWJL511
    Anyone know what is the lightest lure the CQ101 can cast without BH? tks
  • Gayfisherman
    DWJL511 said:
    Currently have a 2nd hand Conquest 200 with 6-12lb rod but find it hard/impossible to cast light lures in the 3g range. Er I know this reel not meant to cast so light lures but I'm too used to casting light lures for PBs with my spin setups and hv no problem even with MH set-up.

I've looked at the Shimano BFS reels and like the Conquest BFS but these are rather pricey and can't seem to find in SG (not selling here yet?).

Any other recommendations? Must be BFS type? How about Conquest 100HG as I like the drum look.

tks for any help :)
    ​aldebaran. Can go 1.5 grams
  • jaronhan
    Daiwa SV reels, such as the 105HSL as well as Daiwa Tatula type R are both budget reels with the capability of BFS reels. If you're looking for one that can fight more of a heavy game fish the tatula would be a better choice than the SV
  • Freakinfart
    Daiwa SV or Aldebaran BFS
  • SportAngler
    Of you going sub 3gm. Better to get a BFS reel. Else you will be not be about to get a good casting distant. And the rod play a big part too.
    Some of the kakis had already suggest some good reel.
  • monstrad

your 6-12 lb rod is it bfs rated?

6-12lb is high for bfs rod, and from what I know, only shimano bfs rod have this rating

e.g their zodias and expride bfs rod is 6-12lb

• DWJL511
    Just to close the loop, I decided not to go BFS. I finally got a 101HG that someone in classifieds just got from Japan and was selling at a reasonable price, and I sold off my CQ201 to help fund the purchase.

I did ask L Haven if they sold the CQ BFS. They replied only days later to say they had it ($590). But by then I had already bought the 101HG. Anyway, if I had gotten the CQ BFS, I would also have to fork out even more money for a matching BFS rod and line.

Thanks for all the help and info. My friend has a BFS Alderbaran set up. Recently I fished with him and he was casting light 3-5g lures. But half the time he was clearing bee hoons! So I'll just stick to slightly heavier lures with my CQ101HG and use my spinning setups for very light lures :)

• Freakinfart
    grats haha just like me.. light lures i use spinning 1000 easier. 
© Copyright 2016