BC Reel Recommendation for Light 3g> Lures?

DWJL511
Currently have a 2nd hand Conquest 200 with 6-12lb rod but find it hard/impossible to cast light lures in the 3g range. Er I know this reel not meant to cast so light lures but I'm too used to casting light lures for PBs with my spin setups and hv no problem even with MH set-up.

I've looked at the Shimano BFS reels and like the Conquest BFS but these are rather pricey and can't seem to find in SG (not selling here yet?).

Any other recommendations? Must be BFS type? How about Conquest 100HG as I like the drum look.

tks for any help :)
  • monstrad

conquest bfs hg is currently the best bfs reel out there, its size 50

u can find parallel imports at lure haven

i bought mine from topgear, need to order

• DWJL511
    all right thanks for the info
  • DWJL511
    Anyone know what is the lightest lure the CQ101 can cast without BH? tks
  • Gayfisherman
    DWJL511 said:
    Currently have a 2nd hand Conquest 200 with 6-12lb rod but find it hard/impossible to cast light lures in the 3g range. Er I know this reel not meant to cast so light lures but I'm too used to casting light lures for PBs with my spin setups and hv no problem even with MH set-up.

I've looked at the Shimano BFS reels and like the Conquest BFS but these are rather pricey and can't seem to find in SG (not selling here yet?).

Any other recommendations? Must be BFS type? How about Conquest 100HG as I like the drum look.

tks for any help :)
    ​aldebaran. Can go 1.5 grams
© Copyright 2016