Daiwa Caldia Vs Daiwa Certate

frankycute666
Hi Bro,

Daiwa Caldia 3000 vs Daiwa Certate 3000

Would need your kind comment on which would be a more trust worthy reel that would outlast the other, drag and gearing quality and finally build quality... I heard these two reels are crazy af

Thanks

• banex
    Hi Bro,

Daiwa Caldia 3000 vs Daiwa Certate 3000

Would need your kind comment on which would be a more trust worthy reel that would outlast the other, drag and gearing quality and finally build quality... I heard these two reels are crazy af

Thanks

​erm, just my take. I am waiting for the 18 Caldia 2500 or 2500 XH.
    Certate got nice feel, consistent drag and among other features. Caldia is way lighter at 190-195 grams. From wad i heard from daiwa sasaki of china,  certate prob new release in 19. 18 mainstay is the Exist. Steez also prob 19 new.
    Think the new LT series, caldia and certate got battle. certate 2 more bearings than caldia. Think hard bro.
    handle both to try before buying. I dun believe in buying tackle and let them sit on my display and also my presonal sentiment, i am super anti-shimano. Dunno y. I will touch touch feel feel play play in my fren shop, but never ever tempted.

I vote Caldia. See how other kakis say.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Banex covered it all.

But me vote is the Certate 
  • Freakinfart
    edited April 12
    Budget wise go for the new Caldia LT. $210++ 

Long term wise go for certate and I think upwards $390-$420.

This is like the case of Stradic vs Twinpower.

If you feeling rich go for the Certate.

Generally speaking for normal fishing be it local offshore or even some Malaysia trip both reels more than enough to handle abuse.

I would lean slightly towards the Certate due to the numerous times my kaki abuse it for light popping and sailfish trip.

Oh and caldia is Made in China whereas certate Japan.

• Luke Maow Bear
    Certate for sale, not sure if it is the one that you are looking for but here it is anyway : : 
    http://classifieds.fishingkaki.com/reels_1/daiwa-certate-3000-for-sale_i31178
  • bond
    Certate is good reel...but i dont like the mag seal :s
  • banex
    Not sure if the new 18 Caldia is made in china or not. Once in will  tell. 1 more week new stock arriving.
    heard the 18 caldia is very bang for buck. I must touch then decide too. :o
  • Freakinfart
    i
    banex said:
    Not sure if the new 18 Caldia is made in china or not. Once in will  tell. 1 more week new stock arriving.
    heard the 18 caldia is very bang for buck. I must touch then decide too. :o
    ​yup made in china. 

• Freakinfart
    bond said:
    ​join me then! get the hyper certate custom hahahaha
  • banex
    thx bro, i see made in china, But still gonna get caldia.
    I think if wanna get certate, y not morehan. got seller doing so in forum wad.
  • Freakinfart
    banex said:
    thx bro, i see made in china, But still gonna get caldia.
    I think if wanna get certate, y not morehan. got seller doing so in forum wad.
    ​personally i feel that the daiwa morethan is super extra model in between exist and certate.

just like vanquish between stella and twinpower.

not needed.

in short a b*stard reel.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    bond said:
    ​Magseal should die in hell.
  • Freakinfart
    bond said:
    ​Magseal should die in hell.
    ​i agree but the latest ryoga... bo bian i succumb to the dark side.
  • banex
    i love the magseal, y u guys hate the magseal so much?
    The 17 LT series i noticed really got head shake problem. No matter which i try.
    Morethan is actually quite a good item and indeed it is the "filler" reel in between the certate and Exist or Steez. 2 bearings more than certate but less lightweight than Exit or Steez.
    Anyways, Daiwa lineups mostly like Exist for freshwater, saltiga for saltwater, steez for light saltwater and freshwater.Then the different series with the scaledown of features.
    Price wise, cannot say much 600+++ for Morethan, 400+++ certate then the Caldias.
    Like me i will aim caldia and the morethan. actually, caldia more for my wife, light enough for new lure beginner with a tailwalk bay twitcher.
  • frankycute666
    Thanks bro for the advices...

I am wondering what is wrong with the magseal? really need your help 

Still can't decide between these 2 reels yet  :(

or should I go with shimano?
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Nah don't hate the Magseal. The Daiwa reels are silky smooth. I rant because I can't service my reel and the lack of servicing avenues make me grumpy. Either than that it's a personal thing that has nothing to do with the reel.
  • Freakinfart
    The only downside of magsealed is.. servicing if you go through official channels.

Other than that no worries for magsealed
  • banex
    Icic, then i dun have problems with it. Cos i frequent my fren's shop.
    Ahahahahahha
  • banex
    I think Luke ranting cos he cant strip down the reel and play it himself. Like to tear things apart luke? or its the stripping part u like :p  
  • Mick B
    All my freshwater reels are Caldias or Seagates.
    Every reel has had the nylon bushes replaced with steel roller bearings, even the bail arm line bearing.
    The upgrade gives me a super smooth reel, easily as smooth as my Saltigas, and far better than the basic Cartete.

All the bearings are available from Simply Bearings UK 
    https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/Products-Deep-Groove-Ball-Bearings/c4747_5329/index.html
    (Pay by CC for ease and the items are practically weightless and delivered in a small jiffy bag.)

Schematics and how-to videos are online.
    The upgrades are not rocket science and you learn how the whole reel mechanism operates as you improve your reel.

Do not get hung up on Chinese/Japanese, an item can be assembled in Japan from parts made in China/Malasia/Korea et al, and still be Made in Japan.

Hope this helps.

PS
    Seagate 3500 is a Caldia 4000 so the spools are interchangeable.
  • monstrad

depends on your budget

i would recommend cerate