Jigging rod for beginners

saml33
Hello, I am new to jigging and would like to know if anyone could recommend a jigging rod suitable for beginners? Have done some research online but the more I read the more confused I get. Any advice is much appreciated!

• Michael Lim
    slow-fall jigging or speed jigging?

These are 2 very different forms of jigging.  To add to confusion, there is micro-jigging too.
  • SportAngler
    Where are you planning mainly to fish and the fish you are targeting?
  • Freakinfart
    Ok very simple one.

If you new to jigging and dont want spend a lot of money. And if you're just using normal bottom bait or jigs like 80-150g or even madai.

get the cheap cheap daiwa blue backer.  less than $100 and butt joint for easy transport and very parabolic more shiok for you to fight fish haha.
  • saml33
    slow-fall jigging or speed jigging?

These are 2 very different forms of jigging.  To add to confusion, there is micro-jigging too.
    ​No particular preferred style now since I'm still new so I'm open to both speed and slow fall jigging. 
  • saml33
    ​I’m planning to head out to Rompin in July to start off!
  • SportAngler
    saml33 said:
    ​For SG and MY a PE0.8-1.5 or 2 will cover almost all the jig weight needed.
    I have been using a Zerak light tamer PE1 on a 2500 Biomaster for my go to setup.
    I will also bring a PE1-3 along.
    2 setup to cover everything.
    The 2 rod could be a rod that cast heavu sinling lure if you are going Rompin.
  • saml33
    Ok very simple one.

If you new to jigging and dont want spend a lot of money. And if you're just using normal bottom bait or jigs like 80-150g or even madai.

get the cheap cheap daiwa blue backer.  less than $100 and butt joint for easy transport and very parabolic more shiok for you to fight fish haha.
    ​haha that certainty clears up quite a bit of my confusion. Thanks for the advice! 
  • saml33
    saml33 said:
    ​For SG and MY a PE0.8-1.5 or 2 will cover almost all the jig weight needed.
    I have been using a Zerak light tamer PE1 on a 2500 Biomaster for my go to setup.
    I will also bring a PE1-3 along.
    2 setup to cover everything.
    The 2 rod could be a rod that cast heavu sinling lure if you are going Rompin.
    Sweet, thanks for the advice. I just came across a teaser for this new rod extension Jigbutt which will be launched in May. Thinking it may come in handy as I will only need to bring along one rod. What do you think? Here's the teaser for your reference https://www.facebook.com/1847205598884054/videos/2065856527018959/
  • monstrad

dont go too light, or u will get scolding from fellow anglers

pe1 can handle any pelagic fish but the boat need to go chase after your line, which means other anglers will curse n swear at u

bottom u need pe4 because of sinker size and to power crank the grouper up