Recomendations for travel rod

kAhlEoNg
Hi there,

Could any one with experience using travel rods (multi pcs or telescopic) kindly share what you are using?

I am looking to get one as I have a aussie holiday coming up and I am planning to sneak out for a cast or two.

Looking to be able to cast at least 40gms for sinking minnows or metals.

Thanks

• Mbenz
    1. Bone
    2. Tailwalk
    Both good  performance and value. :)
  • banex
    tailwalk outback. 5 pcs i think
  • deedee
    Bone voyage
  • sharkbait
    Depends if the rod can fit your check in luggage. 

When you mentioned 40g above. Very probably you going to do some heavy shore fishing. If thats the cast, bass travel rod is not recommended.

You can take a look at Zenaq Expedition. Give you a good range up to 90g. (EP73S)
    Or EP83S

Alternatively, Bone Voyage is a good choice.

• deedee
    sharkbait said:
    Depends if the rod can fit your check in luggage. 

When you mentioned 40g above. Very probably you going to do some heavy shore fishing. If thats the cast, bass travel rod is not recommended.

You can take a look at Zenaq Expedition. Give you a good range up to 90g. (EP73S)
    Or EP83S

Alternatively, Bone Voyage is a good choice.

​agreed ,
  • Michael Lim
    Tailwalk Namazon and the Outback (some models) can cast 40gms.  The Namazon is a beast which can do 2oz easily (again depending on the model)

Both series I have one rod each and they were both taken to Australia before.  Sadly, I didn't have the chance to tangle with any biggies though...  Only managed to play with some small fellas with another travel setup on small rubber on jigheads.
  • kAhlEoNg
    Thanks guys,
    Will go check the rods out.
    Basically, there is the aussie salmon run happening now. Hoping that they will still be around when I hit the Margeret river region end april.

From what I found, from landbase off the beach, I prolly need to cast some 40 gms metals or HB to be able to reach em.

• banex
    seriously, i would suggest getting a 2 piece rod. blank and backbone not compromised.
    With a 702 or 692, u can cast a nice 65-80 meters.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    I am with Banex on this as an outside suggestion not related to your question so apologies for that.

Rod Tube get a PVC Pipe.
  • banex
    I am with Banex on this as an outside suggestion not related to your question so apologies for that.

Rod Tube get a PVC Pipe.
    ​Thanks for the vote of confidence.
    Add a bit more for our kaki kAhlEoNg, metals try GT bio or the lurefans SR 50,55,60. Best metal spoon cum Vib i came across in china. GT bio is sold in singapore, lurefans SR i am not sure but asking me wife to bring me back 19 pcs when she return. HB guess u have more experience with salmon so i wun suggest. but i remember back in tasmania, rapalas RNR CNR work extremely well.
  • kAhlEoNg

Rod Tube get a PVC Pipe.
    ​Yeah, I normally buy single pcs rod for my jigging/casting in singapore. But the goal here is to have something short and easy to travel with cos I am travelling with kids and with them, my luggage space is pretty limited.

From the videos, the bone voyage series seems to fit the bill and though I know its a marketing video, the rod seems to be pretty strong even with the multiple joints.

However, i believe its out of stock at the moment.

Hahaaa.

zzz
  • Freakinfart
    kAhlEoNg said:

Rod Tube get a PVC Pipe.
    ​Yeah, I normally buy single pcs rod for my jigging/casting in singapore. But the goal here is to have something short and easy to travel with cos I am travelling with kids and with them, my luggage space is pretty limited.

From the videos, the bone voyage series seems to fit the bill and though I know its a marketing video, the rod seems to be pretty strong even with the multiple joints.

However, i believe its out of stock at the moment.

Hahaaa.

zzz
    ​im using bone voyage as well.. so far so good~ 

on the other hand.. i also have the abu garcia world monster..  and i abuse it most of them them whenever i go CNR pond.

heres one i use it for small size GT.

TRIPS
© Copyright 2016