Ubin 2018 February CR - Mama KBL ( 八金贺喜)

gtman

Wishing those who celebrate lunar Chinese New year ahead ! 八金贺喜 !
Today is pay back time from pervious trip that  I lost it !  .
  Pen and ink can't discribes  my feelings . Especially the last fish Mama KBL . Caught it when my Prawn almost out of water ..She grapped it and trying to fled  but unfortunately not her day against me  and become my Chinese New year steam boat dish !
With my Fireline 4lb almost lost it  and cal it a day !

Reel: SHIMANO NASCI 1000
Rod : Black Hole (ONES)
Line :  Fireline 4lb
Live prawns

Cheers 

• frz1
    SUPERBBB!!
  • ayeo42300
    GTman,
    Good catch, mind telling you caught them on incoming or outgoing tide?
    Location where you caught them. TQ.
  • gtman
    Thanks for  viewing my CR , I have PM you the Tide and location that I usually don't disclosed to public  that I went to mama camp site inside swamp areas to  spin at outgoing tide ... You polite  I tell you only and good the luck .  
  • Devilzken
    Powder full  :)
  • isaiah83
    Nice Catch Bro. Always Consistently Producing in Ubin. haven't quite figured out yet and land my first ubin kim.
  • N_N
    Nice catch there ! Superb mama Kim ! Yet to get my first Kim at Ubin. 
    Mind sharing your technic and location ? Tides and thing to look out for ?? 
    Thank you so much. 
  • gtman

Thank you all for viewing my Ubin CR , Ubin is a world of KBL ! just find a good spot and bite a cigarette and spin!  

Barramundi fishing is usually best in the early morning, late afternoon and at night. The best tide is usually the last three hours of runout and first two hours of run-in, when barramundi and bait are forced out of the “mangroves” and into mud drains and tidal flats .this when all mama Kim looking for food.

The most popular way to catch barramundi is on live / lures. Some people use live bait to tempt them but this is considered unsporting by some. But catching rate high and I don’t have to elaborate  I’m using it to imitate that like running away prey to get strikes. In saltwater environments, barra live around structure such as rock bars, fallen trees and mangroves as well as tidal drop-offs, mudflats and creek entrances. including weed beds, fallen and submerged trees, rocky outcrop and undercut banks. **Barramundi are protandrous hermaphrodites, meaning they change sex from male to female. They become sexually mature as males at about three to four years of age. Males turn into females from about five or six years of age, and about 80 cm in length, but require salt water for this sex change. So measure before you eat a shemale then you know what happened la  .

cheers and hope this suffice  
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Solid thanks bro.
  • banex
    wow, great share on info.Nice catch too.
    Ubin....... Loooong time never go. Can reveal some spots ?
  • gtman
    Dear all ,

As I can recalled years back I first went ubin fishing is a unknown ground for me and started my explorations till I get my First KBL till today I still exploring how to catch bigger KBL and study the way they hide and to prey .

Far in ubin facing JB besides KBL there are GT too ! Can refer Google map as linking from mangrove river to the open water .
    Good luck and be Safe always  to have your First wild KBL at ubin and shared with me where you catched it and I will confirmed back ah .

Cheers .

• banex
    will definitely take a chance and go search, once i find places will share my CR and info with you via PM
    up to you to share to the others if i do have them
  • sh0ckwav3
    gtman said:
    Dear all ,

As I can recalled years back I first went ubin fishing is a unknown ground for me and started my explorations till I get my First KBL till today I still exploring how to catch bigger KBL and study the way they hide and to prey .

Far in ubin facing JB besides KBL there are GT too ! Can refer Google map as linking from mangrove river to the open water .
    Good luck and be Safe always  to have your First wild KBL at ubin and shared with me where you catched it and I will confirmed back ah .

Cheers .

​  Hi gtman, if i not wrong up north of ubin e beach area were closed and gate blocking now? 
  • gtman
    Through the leeways shall find you will  ! 
  • banex
    gtman said:
    ​mosquitoes sand-flies and all other buggerits as well, rite :D 
  • gtman
    banex said:
    gtman said:
    ​mosquitoes sand-flies and all other buggerits as well, rite :D 
    ​that's still ok if you prepared ! serpent is the one you unprepared !! 
  • banex
    serpent? i find one i give all FK kakis serpent soup. u ready? :*
  • gtman
    banex said:
    serpent? i find one i give all FK kakis serpent soup. u ready? :*
    ​and is in black with my own eyes ! 
  • banex
    midnight all black black mah. u sure not eel disguise as snake or snake disguise as eel.
  • gtman
    banex said:
    midnight all black black mah. u sure not eel disguise as snake or snake disguise as eel.
    ​Lol....by all means you may go in the Night you can , But in early Morning  close encounter ! 
  • banex
    hmmmm, unsafe for wifey then. see if i can import smuggle a mongoose into SG and use as a snake repellent
  • sh0ckwav3
    gtman said:
    ​Well, i will take it that u means there were other routes... 
  • pyl
    i kena 3 different snakes in one night, banded Krait, pit viper and wolf snake.  got snake = got fish. no snake = got monitor lizard = no fish. 
    choose your spot wisely, safety first. kena bite one time forever dont need to fish. imagine you tio a spitting cobra, he spray at you from a distance, you also lan lan.

TRIPS
© Copyright 2016