Rig for Dbest Small pond

starscream
I havent been there in years. Finally have time to go back and try.. I used to use a floater with 1.5m leader and 1/0 hook with prawn....

What rig is effective there nowadays?
  • yokongyo
    Single hook rig about 1m long. Attach a small split shot(5g) at halfway point of the leader.

Cast liao very slowly spin the prawn back. 
  • Luke Maow Bear
    yokongyo said:

​Holy cow.
  • monstrad

recently due to daily rain, the water condition is very bad, fish not biting

especially the small pond, a lot sick fish swimming near surface

go at your own risk, saw a few zero fighter

• Melvin Lee
    monstrad said:

​Yes. the whole of small pond is like fish soup now. All the fish were either dead or swimming lifelessly. The stench of the water is worst than the nearby drain. However the other pond (kelong fishing) next to it isnt affected. The small pond bed is filled with thick layer of rubbish ranging from plastic bags to plastic cups. Anglers should beware for time being until management cleans the pond.
  • starscream
    Thanks for the heads up bro. :)
  • Luke Maow Bear
    monstrad said:

​Yes. the whole of small pond is like fish soup now. All the fish were either dead or swimming lifelessly. The stench of the water is worst than the nearby drain. However the other pond (kelong fishing) next to it isnt affected. The small pond bed is filled with thick layer of rubbish ranging from plastic bags to plastic cups. Anglers should beware for time being until management cleans the pond.
    ​Oh dear me, when did this happen? Oh dear, I really love that pond and the owner is a really nice guy.
  • Melvin Lee
    edited January 5
    monstrad said:

​Oh dear me, when did this happen? Oh dear, I really love that pond and the owner is a really nice guy.
    ​Surveyed the place on 2nd and 3rd Jan (tried fishing at 5pm and left at 6pm) evening when i was there with family for dinner. Initially thought it could be bad weather which caused it, if so the whole stretch should be affected but seems like only the small pond is so far.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016