Fishing Trips in Darwin - a FishingKaki Partnership with Tourism Top End

Luke Maow Bear
edited February 1 in Kakis looking for Kakis
A couple of years ago I was invited to fish in Darwin; it was in search of the fish of a lifetime; also known as the Million Dollar Fish. I would not be writing this if I actually caught the thing as I would have moved to Darwin and spent the 1 million fishing there.

For 2018 - FishingKaki has partnered with Tourism Top End to show you what you can do in Darwin! I will be showcasing charters and all types of fishing you can do.

You can read the previous blog entries below when I was there last and I have inserted a few pictures in the post for quick reference.
  1. Blog Entry Part 1 : :
  2. Blog Entry Part 2 : :

It's Real Lah! 1 Million Dollar Ikan!

This year FishingKaki has once again partnered with Tourism Top End for not only the Million Dollar Fish but also to point us anglers in the direction of Darwin as a fishing destination! 

For the next couple of months FishingKaki will be featuring charters, accommodation and things to do in Darwin, Top End; Australia.

Things we can do as an Angler going from Singapore or Malaysia
  • Hire a boat (Self Drive)
  • Bring our own boat (if we have kakis living there)
  • Fully guided fishing safari (Live on Board type)
  • Fishing Lodge (Live on Lodge, LOL), LOL!
  • Hire a Mothership as a group
Website Shortcuts
  1. Fishing Trips : :
  2. Where to Stay : :
  3. Things to Do : :
  4. Self Drive : :
  5. Travel, Maps & Trip Planner : :

Did you know that you can do casting and bluewater fishing in Darwin, everyone thinks it is purely creeks and rivers; nooooooooooooo, bring your Light Popping Gear, 5000, 6000 and 8000 (Shimano Sized) Big swimbaits and poppers, I was shocked when I landed this.

Casting accuracy is very important, bring shallow running lures as you fish the snake creeks, the Kims (Barra) hide in the coloured water change, under a tree or in between Mangrove roots.

If I told you we caught about 100 Queenfish between the 4 of us would you believe me? Well, you can ask the others that were with us - it was "Lok Jiak" The tide moves at a tremendous speed and the fish feed like crazy.

Me and the boys hitting Queen after Queen and they weren't in drag

No the million dollar fish, but a million bucks to me as I sight casted this thing in very very very shallow water.   

See that bunch of rocks to the right of the picture? Cast, let it sink KABOOM!

Season 3 is up, "The Barramundi await you"

© Copyright 2016