Tips for fishing @ Changi Broadwalk

TenthJuly
edited December 2017 in General Fishing
Hi folks, a newbie to fishing here and have been casting my rod at Changi Broadwalk for 2 months or so and still no luck. 
Longest I've stayed was 12 hours, overnight and still nothing at all. 
I tried using live prawn, frozen sotong and lure. 
Any kind advice for hook/weight etc? I know there are so many different sizes of it but I do not know which is best in whichever situation. Will appreciate if anyone could help.

Thank you in advance!  <3
  • rinno
    Fisherman lay their long nets along that area with their sampans......
  • frz1
    rinno said:
    Fisherman lay their long nets along that area with their sampans......
    ​LOL! 
  • qoonutz

Tip 1 - Avoid the area where the "permanent residents" park their rods/reels. If you are new, those "permanent residents" show little to no respect or tolerance when you cross their line (or they cross yours!).

Tip 2 - Sinker size - 6. Torpedo size. Best sinkers will be those with steel wires which bend. Those "permanent residents" swear by it (if you don't use, they will nag at you.)

Tip 3 - Live prawns work best (for me). Wa-wat or sarong worms are good too.

Tip 4 - Sangkot area is the resting area on the right (facing ubin), on the left. There are some structures at the bottom. Otherwise, it is muddy bottom.

Tip 5 - Gone with the days where Changi Broadwalk is a place for good catch. Even Ah Sengs (catfish) are hard to come by.

Tip 6 - Remember Tip 1. I had a lot of bad days with them (even not my fault). Oh well.

• TenthJuly
    qoonutz said:

Tip 1 - Avoid the area where the "permanent residents" park their rods/reels. If you are new, those "permanent residents" show little to no respect or tolerance when you cross their line (or they cross yours!).

Tip 2 - Sinker size - 6. Torpedo size. Best sinkers will be those with steel wires which bend. Those "permanent residents" swear by it (if you don't use, they will nag at you.)

Tip 3 - Live prawns work best (for me). Wa-wat or sarong worms are good too.

Tip 4 - Sangkot area is the resting area on the right (facing ubin), on the left. There are some structures at the bottom. Otherwise, it is muddy bottom.

Tip 5 - Gone with the days where Changi Broadwalk is a place for good catch. Even Ah Sengs (catfish) are hard to come by.

Tip 6 - Remember Tip 1. I had a lot of bad days with them (even not my fault). Oh well.

​Thanks for the tips! :smile: 
    Many of the permanent residents rod are not cast when I am there. Consider myself lucky. But i know of a PR there that stays at the very 1st shelter when you walk into broadwalk, the malay guy, he is really friendly. 
    I do encounter a few unfriendly ones but they didnt do anything to me except when I tried to be friendly go over chit chat with them hoping to get some tips but was totally ignored. As though I am invisible. But its okay. 
    I will try to learn along my way. :wink: 

Changi is really clean and convenient when I need to get some stuffs for fishing. 

But I am thinking of going elsewhere maybe woodlands or sembawang next week :smiley: 
    Any idea if there is any fish shop with live prawn around that area? 

Thank you so much!!!
  • merduzza
    True!! Lots of stupid Malay fuckers there. Think that’s their house isit? Don’t know how to go home. It’s fishing and no such thing as first come first serve. Im Malay too but those Fucker need to buzz off!! Fucking annoying prick.. 
© Copyright 2016