Need advice for St john Island.

bobbins
Hi all,

I am planning to go over to St john Island the following week for an over night trip. 

I've been there once for a few hours but never caught anything. 

My friend and i both own fairly light tackle. I was wondering what lures would you all recommend to get, where we should fish at (the bridge im guessing) and how we should use the lure.

Thank you! 
  • monstrad
    get 3 inch heavy sinking minnows, 0.5-1 oz shore jigs
  • macfighter
    edited December 2017
    Your light setup will be nice to fish at the jetty, you are can target lolong with finesse rubber jig or bottom fishing you can target small snappers and groupers with bait. 
  • bobbins
    monstrad said:
    get 3 inch heavy sinking minnows, 0.5-1 oz shore jigs
    ​Thanks for the tip! Sorry but im quite unsure of the shore you. Do you have any examples of them?
    Your light setup will be nice to fish at the jetty, you are can target lolong with finesse rubber jig or bottom fishing you can target small snappers and groupers with bait. 
    ​Ahh yes, the one other fisherman i spoke to was using an ultra light weighted hook to a tiny rubber minnow. I will definitely be trying that
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Aji. Or Light Rock Fishing :)
  • bobbins
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I've heard that Jigs and spoons are good on St john island too?

BTW, how would you guys recommend me to use each lure?

Ajing, jigs, minnow and spoons? Should i reel them in fast and twitch? Or slow?
  • fumiii
    bobbins said:

​I can't really say, cos I haven't had much luck there with anything other than commitment-phobic todaks. 

I found this video of our local Facepalm Fishing boys super informative though (and thoroughly enjoyable). Really enjoy their content.

• fumiii
    bobbins said:

​I can't really say, cos I haven't had much luck there with anything other than commitment-phobic todaks. 

I found this video of our local Facepalm Fishing boys super informative though (and thoroughly enjoyable). Really enjoy their content.

• fumiii
    bobbins said:

TRIPS
© Copyright 2016