Shimano Curado I or Daiwa Tatula CT type R

ahbiu123
Does anyone have any reviews between these two bc reel? 

As This will be my first bc, Im tied between these two reels.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Both reels will suit any new BC owner just fine.
  • monstrad

daiwa bc mostly using magnetic brake

shimano mostly centrifugal

just get the curado k

• oceanus
    I have a Curado I, and I have to say that it's biggest disadvantage is the exposed spool support bearing which corrodes badly after saltwater fishing. You will notice it when you remove the spool from the reel.
  • SportAngler
    Curado is one of the most lasting reel. I had me E model still in great shape. But for newbie to BC, a Magnetic brake is easier to use.
    Go for the Tatula SV TW. They have the new Daiwa SV concept spool from their higher end model in this reel.
    I am planing to get 1 soon.
  • oceanus
    I never own a E model, but I think it is quite different from the I model. 
  • SportAngler
    oceanus said:
    I never own a E model, but I think it is quite different from the I model. 
    ​Yes they are different. The E serious only have the cast control and Centrifugal brake.
    I prefer this brake system as I am used to it.
  • oceanus
    My Curado I version has centripetal brake instead of centrifugal brake, which I find not very consistent. My Salty One uses centrifugal brake is one of my best casting BC reel, with better saltwater resistance and lower price. I tried magnetic brake before but couldn't get to cast as far as centrifugal brake. 
  • Luke Maow Bear
    I find the Magnetic Brake systems force the cast to stop and are (not possible) to reach similar distances as centrifugal braking systems.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Also, I had to Google Centripetal Brakes were!
  • ahbiu123
    Ahh! Thanks guys! Do you guys have recommendation for rods as well?

Will be pairing the bc for luring.
    budget~100
    perhaps for now will start off with rubber lures

is the rapala trial blazer suitable? 
  • oceanus
    I am using the 6'7" light version Storm Trickster, which is a nice combo for me. 
  • monstrad

type of brakes depends on type of application and user preference

for light lures, magnetic brakes is better, which is why shimano break away from their centrifugal brake to introduce magnetic brakes to their newer bfs bc reels

as for casting distance, Digital Control still pwns

• oceanus
    This is the bearing I am talking about. It is not well guarded against water spray and dripping. Very easy for water to sip inside the bearing seat. This is the 2nd bearing I have replaced.

• oceanus
    Although the bearing has been replaced, some undetected saltwater managed to corrode the clutch support after a while.

• oceanus
    The centripetal brakes works similar to centrifugal brakes, but the shoes are rubbing against the "race drum" instead of flyweights rubbing against the internal raceway.

• SportAngler
    I switch them to Abec7 ceramic BB. Noisy but cast well better.

• SportAngler
    Btw i just gotten the 13 concept A. Cast very well too. Not sure how it will perform on fish. Will update if i had a chance to get a fish on it.

TRIPS
© Copyright 2016