Tsurinoya FS1000 vs Bossna MiniR 500

edited November 2017 in Reels

FS1000 USD38 Aliexpress
MiniR500 USD60 K&T Fishing World

MiniR has slight comestic differences, slightly better finishing, more shallow spool. Even cranking feels exactly the same. Smooth but not butter like Japanese brands.

FS1000 comes with single felt washer. MiniR has a single carbontex washer. MiniR spool sits on the reel with a square spool support with bearings similar to ATC Valiant SW. FS1000 has the simple washer design but similar drag clicker.

Would I buy it again?
FS1000: At this price point, not that it is a bad reel but there are alternatives. A Daiwa Revros have butter like smooth cranking if you don't mind the heavier weight.

MiniR500: Top up a $10 can get Shimano Nasci or ATC Valiant. BUT at this price point the only alternative for shallow spool reel is Shimano Sedona 2000S, which I find the build quality lacking.

Bossna MiniR is very similar to Tsurinoya FS1000, with a shallower spool and upgraded drag performance.

• PatrickStar
    Update: FS1000 gave up the ghost due to saltwater usage.
  • SportAngler
    So can't use for SW? Thanks for the info. Was about to buy 1. I will skip it.
  • FishingKaki.com
    Yeah thanks for the update (,")
  • PatrickStar
    Cranking got weird noise and feels rough even after oiling. The Bossna went thru more abuse and still functional.

Not worth my trouble to take apart for total servicing, just retire it lor.
  • Freakinfart
    time for you to showhand ur certate + livre + evergreen salty sensation
© Copyright 2016