Bedok Jetty tips

JWfishing
edited November 8 in General Fishing
Hi everyone, as I am a newbie, I have caught nothing other than tamban except at pasir ris sure catch pond. As I am going to bedok jetty this Sunday, are there any tips that would land me anything other than tamban and rusty sabiki rigs? Thanks

p.s. I’ve been there for past two Sunday tamban don’t even bite 
  • monstrad

use size 4 sabiki for tamban

there r plenty of small fish below the jetty, use size 6-8 sabiki with sliced squid meat. just walk and jig along the jetty railings

• JWfishing
    Thanks monstrad, what can I catch using this method?
  • monstrad

have caught baby grouper, selar, baby parrot, baby queenfish, etc

nothing big enough for pan

bedok jetty easy to catch small fish, but decent size fish is quite rare

squid slice is good becoz it stay on hook well, prawn meat easily sucked away

if want decent fish have to go paypond

• JWfishing
    Haha I’m so unlucky as long as I catch anything other than tamban can already
    Btw any tips for tengiri?
  • monstrad

I don't think tengiri can be found so close shore

need go boat fishing

30 pound flouro to size 3/0 J hook to live tamban n pray it don't cut u off

or use 10cm 20lb wire leader but will get significantly less bites

• JWfishing
    Oh ok, I was watching facepalmfishing’s video on YouTube and they used storm jigs and managed to catch 4 tengiri papan. I tried but only ended up with an old, heavy cloth and two rusty sabiki rigs.
    Is there a specific time in the morning where fish tend to bite? I used to check tides4fishing for fish activity but whenever it states high, I go there got fish but no bite
  • JWfishing
    Btw any tips for luring there?
  • frz1
    JWfishing said:
    Oh ok, I was watching facepalmfishing’s video on YouTube and they used storm jigs and managed to catch 4 tengiri papan. I tried but only ended up with an old, heavy cloth and two rusty sabiki rigs.
    Is there a specific time in the morning where fish tend to bite? I used to check tides4fishing for fish activity but whenever it states high, I go there got fish but no bite
    ​I must agree with you that the tides4fishing fish activity shows high but sometime zero. Some of the days when it shows low activities fish take. So dont really rely on tht. It doesnt really show the accurate thing. Slowly bro.. one day you will get a decent size wild fish. 
    Time for fishes to bite. Hmmmm... once tide starts to go down, for eg; full tide 3.0 @ 0300hrs so between 0330hrs to 0530hrs? The fishes MIGHT start to take. Some even when the tide is like almost to the lowest it will take. IM JUST QOUTING SOME EXAMPLE. Not asking you to wait for tide tht is at 0300hrs. Lol! Bait plays apart on this too. The place where i often fish Its much more productive using live/fresh caught bait. Those newly caught frozen ones do have chance bt abit slower than those live/freshly caught. If for baits tht are bought from market Chances are very slim. So yeah. Fishing is nt about getting fish all the time. If you really wana get a decent size fish on a rod out in the sea maybe cn go for offshore. Changi, southern islands. 
  • JWfishing
    Thank you
  • JWfishing
    frz1 said:
    JWfishing said:
    ​I must agree with you that the tides4fishing fish activity shows high but sometime zero. Some of the days when it shows low activities fish take. So dont really rely on tht. It doesnt really show the accurate thing. Slowly bro.. one day you will get a decent size wild fish. 
    Time for fishes to bite. Hmmmm... once tide starts to go down, for eg; full tide 3.0 @ 0300hrs so between 0330hrs to 0530hrs? The fishes MIGHT start to take. Some even when the tide is like almost to the lowest it will take. IM JUST QOUTING SOME EXAMPLE. Not asking you to wait for tide tht is at 0300hrs. Lol! Bait plays apart on this too. The place where i often fish Its much more productive using live/fresh caught bait. Those newly caught frozen ones do have chance bt abit slower than those live/freshly caught. If for baits tht are bought from market Chances are very slim. So yeah. Fishing is nt about getting fish all the time. If you really wana get a decent size fish on a rod out in the sea maybe cn go for offshore. Changi, southern islands. 
    ​May I know where you often fish?
  • Luke Maow Bear
    For Tamban my suggestion is to buy the hooks from the Jetty itself, there are people that will ask you if you need. I always buy from the Uncle and Auntie.

Get the reflective thing and put it at the top of the rig, ask someone to help you.

Pitch it out and let it sink to the bottom and lift it slowly back.

The Tamban will always be on the side the current is coming from.

----

On the other side of the Jetty, the current is flowing away from, cast out a Fresh Tamban out and let it drift out, there are Saitoh and Queenfish :)

Go early and be careful of the sun, bring something that you can sit under.

----

Hope this helps.
  • frz1
    JWfishing said:
    frz1 said:
    JWfishing said:
    ​May I know where you often fish?
    ​Marina south. All the best. 
  • JWfishing
    For Tamban my suggestion is to buy the hooks from the Jetty itself, there are people that will ask you if you need. I always buy from the Uncle and Auntie.

Get the reflective thing and put it at the top of the rig, ask someone to help you.

Pitch it out and let it sink to the bottom and lift it slowly back.

The Tamban will always be on the side the current is coming from.

----

On the other side of the Jetty, the current is flowing away from, cast out a Fresh Tamban out and let it drift out, there are Saitoh and Queenfish :)

Go early and be careful of the sun, bring something that you can sit under.

----

Hope this helps.
    ​I used to catch tamban but for the past 2 weeks they don’t seem to bite
  • fishingfanatic
    JWfishing said:
    ​I think it is very challenging to land a table size tenggiri at Bedok Jetty. Even going offshore in Singapore waters, Tenggiri is not common as compared to Groupers, Snappers, Parrot and Kim Bak Lor.....bedok jetty is more for killing time than landing table size edible fishes in my humble opinion.....
  • JWfishing
    JWfishing said:
    ​I think it is very challenging to land a table size tenggiri at Bedok Jetty. Even going offshore in Singapore waters, Tenggiri is not common as compared to Groupers, Snappers, Parrot and Kim Bak Lor.....bedok jetty is more for killing time than landing table size edible fishes in my humble opinion.....
    ​Is there any place you recommend? I can’t go offshore because parents don’t allow
  • Icylines
    ive hooked and lost tengirri papan before about 2 foot long, was a sad day, came right up to the jetty before it threw the hook
  • JWfishing
    That’s unlucky
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016