Surecatch reel

Fleotrix
edited November 5 in Reels
Well im a beginner and im not sure how to tell how good are reels. Could someone teach me how to read reels? At the same time i also need help figuring out my reel. Any help would be appreciated

• Luke Maow Bear
    Hey bro,

The first thing I would do is get off the monofilament you have on.

That would mean you have to learn how to tie a leader to your new line which would likely be braid.

Put on 10lb Power Pro for starters before you learn what you like best.

Can you take more pictures of your rod please?
  • SportAngler
    Hi, 1st off what kind of fishing are you doing. This will be easier to assist you.
    As for your reel is it a very basic one. Got for small fishes like jigging Tamban.
  • Fleotrix
    Hi, 1st off what kind of fishing are you doing. This will be easier to assist you.
    As for your reel is it a very basic one. Got for small fishes like jigging Tamban.
    ​well i usually go fishing at jetties or fishing ponds. Mostly saltwater. Occasionally at small ponds in parks. Thx for ur help
  • Fleotrix
    edited November 6
    Hey bro,

The first thing I would do is get off the monofilament you have on.

That would mean you have to learn how to tie a leader to your new line which would likely be braid.

Put on 10lb Power Pro for starters before you learn what you like best.

Can you take more pictures of your rod please?
    ​hey! Why remove the mono? (I just got it btw;))
    At the same time could u help with this?    On FishingKaki Forum http://forum.fishingkaki.com/discussion/288229/jellyfish-id#latest

• SportAngler
    Reason Luke suggest you to use braided is because they are thinner & stronger.
    I have some used but good condition line can give you. PM you my number.
  • Fleotrix
    ​i read that braided isnt suitavle for certain conditions... and it doesnt have 'elasticity' so i got mono haha.
  • frz1
    Fleotrix said:
    ​i read that braided isnt suitavle for certain conditions... and it doesnt have 'elasticity' so i got mono haha.
    ​True its nt as “elastic” as mono. Thats the reason why you gotta tie a leader to so called compensate back on the “elastic” so that it doesnt break off easily. 
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Fleotrix said:
    ​The line is thick and line cap will be severely limited. You don't have a direct "feel" as it is not overly sensitive.

My main gripe is casting. Unless you are going very very light finesse level line you are not going to get casting distance bro. When you cast you will see how the line grinds on the lip of the spool and stripper guide (which is the first guide).

Do you need help with tying knots?

• Fleotrix
    frz1 said:
    Fleotrix said:
    ​True its nt as “elastic” as mono. Thats the reason why you gotta tie a leader to so called compensate back on the “elastic” so that it doesnt break off easily. 
    ​oh thx for the explanation? A leader is basically another line in front of the main line to attach the hook right? And im supposed to use mono for the leader?
  • Fleotrix
    Fleotrix said:
    ​The line is thick and line cap will be severely limited. You don't have a direct "feel" as it is not overly sensitive.

My main gripe is casting. Unless you are going very very light finesse level line you are not going to get casting distance bro. When you cast you will see how the line grinds on the lip of the spool and stripper guide (which is the first guide).

Do you need help with tying knots?

​i didnt get much of what u said cuz i dont understand the terms u use. And yes i do need helo wif knots
  • frz1
    Fleotrix said:
    frz1 said:
    Fleotrix said:
    ​oh thx for the explanation? A leader is basically another line in front of the main line to attach the hook right? And im supposed to use mono for the leader?
    ​Yes you are right. Leader is another line infront of the main line. Usually tied by FGKNOT. A VERYVERYVERY good knot! 
    So it goes like , MAIN LINE ~> LEADER ~> SWIVEL/SNAP ~> RIG. Uhhh about using mono that im nt too sure but i have always been using flourocarbon leaders. Sorry bout tht. they say that FC leaders are “invisible” in waters chances of the fishes seeing your line is lesser? Hmmm. But whatever it is as long as you cn catch anything its good enough. 
  • SportAngler
    For a start, just use mono. We all start from there. Slowly you will learn.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016