What Happened - Capsized or Run Aground?

Luke Maow Bear
Received this on WhatsApp anyone know anything about this.

• queenfish88
    ran ashore at cyrene reef
  • zhuhaibaker
    Any idea which fishing charter ? Thanks.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    ​wow this is pretty scary, look at the guy sitting there with the icebox, that's some crazy stuff man.

​No idea brother - I know the spot though, this place has had a few issues.
  • Fishing101
    edited October 8
    My cousin was on that boat! This took place last Saturday 7th Oct as they make their way back to Penjuru. On their way back, heavy down pourfall on them. Boatman has poor visibility despite following the same route and might misjudge low tide. The boat mount on some coral. No one were injured and all rescued by PCG.
  • zhuhaibaker
    ​wow this is pretty scary, look at the guy sitting there with the icebox, that's some crazy stuff man.

​No idea brother - I know the spot though, this place has had a few issues.
    ​Thanks for reply Luke .
  • zhuhaibaker
    My cousin was on that boat! This took place last Saturday 7th Oct as they make their way back to Penjuru. On their way back, heavy down pourfall on them. Boatman has poor visibility despite following the same route and might misjudge low tide. The boat mount on some coral. No one were injured and all rescued by PCG.
    ​I was out on 7th Oct didn’t see it but on Sunday someone also posted this photo plus Anglers bring rescued by PT21 (Angler ray) , so are you sure it is on 7th and not 8th ? 
  • monstrad
    looks like run aground, then kena low tide, so boat tilted
  • Luke Maow Bear
    monstrad said:
    looks like run aground, then kena low tide, so boat tilted
    ​Alamak what a thing to happen. Apparently they get fined for this.
  • zhuhaibaker
    edited October 9
    Good job by our PCG, 
    Two more pics 

• Fishing101
    ​I was out on 7th Oct didn’t see it but on Sunday someone also posted this photo plus Anglers bring rescued by PT21 (Angler ray) , so are you sure it is on 7th and not 8th ? 
    ​I was supposed to be with them for that trip but I didn't want to as I'm already made plans. yes I'm very sure its on the 7th Oct :)
  • zhuhaibaker
    ​I was supposed to be with them for that trip but I didn't want to as I'm already made plans. yes I'm very sure its on the 7th Oct :)
    Ok thanks for the replied a bit confusing as u mentioned boat going back penjuru but was told boat was from rsyc side.
    Anyway happy to hear that everyone is safe and good job done by our PCG .

• Staphylococcus
    Just to share an experience that happened 4-5yrs ago. I joined a fishing charter trip departing from Penjuru with 4-5 other anglers, not knowing the reputation of the boat/boatman.

After the days' fishing, when we were returning back to the jetty, a very heavy thunderstorm started. Visibility was so bad that we could not see the mainland. The boat captain continued to motor on in the "general direction". 

I was pretty freaked out because I know we would be crossing some shipping lanes and low reefs on the way back. Visibility was like 20m in the rain! I quickly opened my Navionics map to pinpoint where we were going. In the heavy rain and poor visibility, the boat captain was actually going in circles! He then stopped the engine but we were still drifting. Luckily, the rain subsided to improve the visibility and we continue our way back to the jetty.

Now, I'm wary of whose boat I'm taking and whether the boat has GPS on board. Scary trip!
  • zhuhaibaker
    Just to share an experience that happened 4-5yrs ago. I joined a fishing charter trip departing from Penjuru with 4-5 other anglers, not knowing the reputation of the boat/boatman.

After the days' fishing, when we were returning back to the jetty, a very heavy thunderstorm started. Visibility was so bad that we could not see the mainland. The boat captain continued to motor on in the "general direction". 

I was pretty freaked out because I know we would be crossing some shipping lanes and low reefs on the way back. Visibility was like 20m in the rain! I quickly opened my Navionics map to pinpoint where we were going. In the heavy rain and poor visibility, the boat captain was actually going in circles! He then stopped the engine but we were still drifting. Luckily, the rain subsided to improve the visibility and we continue our way back to the jetty.

Now, I'm wary of whose boat I'm taking and whether the boat has GPS on board. Scary trip!
    ​Thanks for sharing 
  • Ducky8982
    Is this ah boon`s boat from RSYC?

• Luke Maow Bear
    Good job by our PCG, 
    Two more pics 

​Fooh cantik these pictures, thank you so much.

All I care about is that everyone is ok. Good to hear; feelsgood.
  • Lawrento

Another boat hit the rocks !
  • Luke Maow Bear
    This boat looks like a wreck to start with hahaha.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016