My first shore light jigging session failed miserably, please advice?

Marko
Ok, guys I went fishing this morning, and it was not so good for many reasons :)

First I learned I valuable lesson, when you go fishing in tropical area NEVER forget hat, sunglasses and REPELENT (some little bugs literally made my legs bloody). :)

Ok, so I went Changi Beach. I was at the beach around 6:50AM, and went after car park 6 (between shelter number 5 and next peer/ferry in the distance). Water was dirty, muddy, with lot of garbage but ok nevermind.... I was always fishing with rapala lures at home, but here they told me slow metal jiggs, so I went and both couple of them yesterday (IMA GUN 30 gr, gold/silver and green/silver, and IMA Ichimatsu 20gr) and I was fishing with that.

First I watched couple of youtube videos but again I am not shure that I am working ok with this lure and that is killing me, second I am not shure about location, just wondering this huge beach does not look promising. Everywhere it is just sand bottom, and not any distinct object or activity on the water or anything that looks promising... I am used to find fish around rocky shore, peers, ships or something like that this huge opet space I do not know... I hooked two things: 1. upper part of some low budget fishing rod 2. some small fish looked like somekind of pufferfish did not dare to touch it...

Do you have any advice for me in terms of location, time, lures, tactis, anything that can help?

Even better anyone wanna take me fishing, and show me couple of things? I can be good company I promise :)
  • Luke Maow Bear
    I will PM you when I get back, I am back next week. You got killed by the spot not by what you did :) All good buddy, you did everything right.
  • Devilzken
    Actually most season anglers will get zero in Singapore waters, no worry on the 1st time try. Tide , place and timing plays an important part as well. 
    Forget what you see in YouTube on those shore jigging, tat will never happen in Singapore.
    As long as ya jig in water you have a chance.
    Good place to try is Labrador park jetty there or bedok jetty.
  • monstrad

changi beach r full of sand flies

i do shore jigging at Labrador park jetty, bedok jetty and marina south pier railings

9 feet rod, 2500 size reel and jigs from 10 to 30 grams

rarely got good catch

see this bedok jetty shore jiggng by some sg kids

• Luke Maow Bear
    Ya the boys from Facepalm, good show.
  • Marko
    Thx guys! Luke, PM me when you get back I will make time whenever is convenient for you.
  • Marko
    Well now I am reading about those sand flies and I am scared...wtf, should I go see doctor or what, nothing itches so far
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Yes they are murder, your face starts falling off and you bleed for 90 days. JOKES.

Nah, you will know if you got bitten :) 
  • Marko
    " (some little bugs literally made my legs bloody). "  I am bitten def :) Ok just wait an see what will happen it has been nice to know you all...
  • Freakinfart
    bo jiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Marko said:
    " (some little bugs literally made my legs bloody). "  I am bitten def :) Ok just wait an see what will happen it has been nice to know you all...
    ​You will be scratching for a weeks.

http://blog.fishingkaki.com/bastard-sandflies/

Tell me if you see that.
  • herphermits
    @"Luke Maow Bear" - Just saw your Outdoor Channel video re: micro jig fishing. Wow, never knew you eere a famous fishing pro. Can you teach me how? I never liked jigging, nor have i tried it. But as i saw your video, got me really interested on it. Specially that i'm game for anything UL.

• Marko
    Marko said:
    ​You will be scratching for a weeks.

http://blog.fishingkaki.com/bastard-sandflies/

Tell me if you see that.
    ​Hahah that is it, but so far I am good. As soon as I saw blody legs, I removed then and not knowing what it is i put oily tiger balm repelent, mybe there is some alcohol or something in it so it got desinfected at that momemt but for now I have tiny tiny red dots smaler than yesterday. I am usually not prone to get big lumps from mosquito bites so maybe it has to do with personal reaction to bite who knows... Maybe I will ger worse will see, but really warnings against these bastards are more important than "if you see a crocodile" I now what to do when see a crocodile get the f out of there but these sneeky little bastards ufff
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Crocodile will be ok. Most is you will lose your leg suddenly. 
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016