Peacock Bass fries / fingerlings for pond seeding.

herphermits
Hello fish-heads...

Anyone here has any idea of how i can take a few live Peacock Bass fries /fingerlings back home with me, so i can seed my private pond with it, for future game fishing.

What are the rules and regulations of exporting live non-endemic / invasive fish from Singapore back to my country.

Probably a few good-sized fingerlings would be enough to start.

Any ideas, anyone?
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Where are you from bro; I think it's more dependant on where you are.

    Getting the fingerlings are easy - here in Singapore the AVA is the body that handles such things and if I am not wrong they would be a good start in importing out your fingerlings, though I think they will have very little to say.

    There are 2 types strains of "Peacock Bass" (there are more but we will focus on) 
    1/ The Peacock Bass (Less Aggressive)
    2/ Temensis (More Aggressive)

    If they so much as get into the main waterway they will decimate the local fish. So have to check what the rules where you are bro.

    Hope this helps.
  • herphermits
    I'm from Cebu City.
    The only fish we have left in our freshwater places are Tilapias, about 95%. And the remaining 5% are Snakeheads, African Catfishes & Climbing Perch.
    Years before, the goverment tried to import and seed our local waterways with LMB's, Pacus & Cream Dories, but none survived. It seems all were decimated by the Tilapias, which also was introduced.

    So having Peacock Bass might help in controlling the Tilapia population, and bring variety back to our already monopolized freshwater ways.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    This is Cebu specifically ya?

    I know the dam/lake and a few ponds stock LMBs and PB's respectively.

    You should  not have any issue getting the fingerlings into Cebu if you ask me.

    I guess getting them is the hard part.
  • herphermits
    This is Cebu specifically ya?

    I know the dam/lake and a few ponds stock LMBs and PB's respectively.

    You should  not have any issue getting the fingerlings into Cebu if you ask me.

    I guess getting them is the hard part.
    ​Yes, Cebu island and specifically the city of Cebu.
    You've been to Cebu before? If you have, then i'm pretty sure you know how it looks here.

    Which dam/lake/ponds do you know of here that stocks LMB's & PB's?

    The only place i know in the Phils. that has LMB's are Lake Caliraya and Pantabangan Dam in Northern Luzon. But i don't think they do have PB's in there. And not to mention it's about a day or more trip to Luzon from Cebu City.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Yes Lake Caliraya which has been deminished and well Pantabangan Dam is no different.

    Lake Big O is where the Peacock Bass are.
  • herphermits
    Yes Lake Caliraya which has been deminished and well Pantabangan Dam is no different.

    Lake Big O is where the Peacock Bass are.
    ​Where is Lake Big O located?
    I have never heard of that place before...
  • herphermits
    ​These places are far far far away from me. Probably a day or more of travel.
    In comparison, a trip to Singapore from my place would be nearer and shorter (in terms of travel time). I can be in Sg in less than 4hrs, and be up in Seletar Res. in about 5hrs tops...

    Anyway, you seem very familiar about these place. Have you been to these places?
    I haven't been to those places. Matter of fact, never been anywhere in Luzon Isl.of the Philippines (with the only exception of the airport in Manila).
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016
All times are UTC