Fishing in Yishun Pond beside Yishun Central

herphermits
Is it legal to fish in Yishun Pond?
The one beside Yishun Central road, near the hospital Khoo Tech Puat?
  • Devilzken
    If it's legal there b anglers there 
  • herphermits
    Devilzken said:
    If it's legal there b anglers there 
    ​You tell me... You sound like a real smartass.

Found the place in google maps. I haven't been to the place personally though to see if there are any anglers there.
  • Devilzken
    edited August 7
    My bad jus trolling ;) 
    Most urban ponds and waterway are off limits. Fishing only in designated place stated in pub website.
    It's hard to fish in Singapore with all those restrictions
  • herphermits
    Devilzken said:
    My bad jus trolling ;) 
    Most urban ponds and waterway are off limits. Fishing only in designated place stated in pub website.

Your fishing spots here are quite limited and constricted.
    Although i gotta admit i'mma loving the Peacock Bass... Man they fight hard!

I'm gonna visit Singapore again real soon. And next time, i wanna try those islands... Wonder if those ponds / lakes in Pulau Ubin are open for fishing too, or are they off-limits as well?
  • Devilzken
    All quarry in ubin are off limits too, only mangroves sw can fish  :|
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Devilzken said:
    My bad jus trolling ;) 

I'm gonna visit Singapore again real soon. And next time, i wanna try those islands... Wonder if those ponds / lakes in Pulau Ubin are open for fishing too, or are they off-limits as well?
    ​Just go and try. My worry is safety, falling rocks or you falling in and no one is there. Pulau Ubin has many great spots with Barra and Mangrove Jacks. Go for it. You can actually get a bicycle rented and you go.

• herphermits
    Devilzken said:
    My bad jus trolling ;) 

​Just go and try. My worry is safety, falling rocks or you falling in and no one is there. Pulau Ubin has many great spots with Barra and Mangrove Jacks. Go for it. You can actually get a bicycle rented and you go.

​I'll pass on saltwater, i've got lots of those back home. I live on a beachfront property with a 150mtrs beachfront, so i had my fill with saltwater fishing already. Same goes with estuarine fishing, as my house is only about a kilometre from an riverine estuary.

I wanna enjoy freshwater fishing, as this i don't have back home. The only fishes we have on our freshwater spots are Tilapias, with a rarity of snakeheads & carps.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Ah ok that's clear now, thanks for shedding some light.

Ubin is all very saltwater based. There are some freshwater ponds but they are private property.

You can try casting a Jig and count how long it takes to hit the bottom.

With that said the Tampines Quarry does have Tomans and Peacock Bass, so the one on Ubin could be similar.

I used to live there as a kid and already they had such fish in some of the quarries.
  • Devilzken
    Quarry are quite "dirty" if u know wat I mean. Jus be careful try not to go alone  o:)
  • herphermits
    These quarries are such called because they were dug-out & "quarried" for minerals, eg. Mined?
    Or were they dugged out for something else... Probably for landfill materials, or landfill location.

Cause if this is a mining quarry, then definitely this place is toxic, as it could be a tailings pond filled with mercury or sulfuric acid washoffs.
  • Devilzken
    It's last time for stone I believe
© Copyright 2016