Need help on choosing a suitable reel!

ahbiu123
Hi guys, I'm currently looking for a new reel, my budget is ~100 and I need some help!

I am currently using some cheap pond reel and it decided to give up on me (rust) and thus I have decided to invest in a good reel!

I currently looking at
1) Shimano Nasci 2500 FB
2) Daiwa SS700 
3) ATC valiant SW 3000

The type of fishing will be
1) Paid ponds 
2) Luring at reservoir 

I will be grateful if any of you able to give your valuable opinions on these reels!

"Still a fishing noob
Addicted after the first fish on!"

• SportAngler
    Some info you need to consider.
    Material of reel
    Shimano Nasci 2500 FB & Daiwa SS700 are made of plastic and handle are screw from opposite side.
    SS700 does not have a Anti-Reverse BB on the rotor.
    ATC valiant SW 3000 should be metal/Aluminum and have a direct screw in handle.
    You can look at Daiwa BG2000 or Penn battle 2000.
    About the same price. Both is made from metal, direct screw in handle and will last a long time. 

• loki_fish
    Well, if its stella. Then @ahbiu123 will need his budget by quite abit ;)
  • ahbiu123
    Material of reel
    Shimano Nasci 2500 FB & Daiwa SS700 are made of plastic and handle are screw from opposite side.
    About the same price. Both is made from metal, direct screw in handle and will last a long time. 

Thanks for the detailed info and advice! 

Will definitely look into ATC Valiant SW 3000 or Daiwa BG 2000.

I believe the size of these reels (Valiant and BG) is more than enough for my application of fishing.
    Even if I use it for other places such as (barelang, or even offshore at changi waters) these reels and sizes will be suitable?

Anyway, I currently have a APR AJN rod.. suitable for these reels as well right?

• ahbiu123
    each of them have their own preference, so depend wat you like n comfortable with.
    my first choice Shimano Stella, 2nd Daiwa Saltiga,3rd Daiwa Certate abd last Daiwa Revos which is cheap, good n well praise on the net.
    Thanks for the input!

Will look into these reels in the future! for now still a noob! will start off from the bottom i guess!  :)
  • SportAngler
    ahbiu123 said:
    Material of reel

​ Thanks for the detailed info and advice! 

Will definitely look into ATC Valiant SW 3000 or Daiwa BG 2000.

I believe the size of these reels (Valiant and BG) is more than enough for my application of fishing.
    Even if I use it for other places such as (barelang, or even offshore at changi waters) these reels and sizes will be suitable?

Anyway, I currently have a APR AJN rod.. suitable for these reels as well right?

For pond APR is ok. Offshore a little soft if you need heavier sinker but reel is not a problem. I use this size reel for many places.
  • swoffer
    Not really. ATC Valiant made in China. I think the Daiwa BG also made in China. 
  • Devilzken
    Buy reputable brands
  • SportAngler
    if you ever use Stella , Salitga n Certate then you understand quality reel.
    ​I don't think we need to use all this high end reel. A mid range reel can already land almost all the fishes we normal catch.
    I really like to buy cheapo reel and try them. They are really value for the money I paid.
    ATC & DMK are some of them.
  • The Drifters
    A poor workman blame his tool...
  • monstrad

when I first got into fishing I bought a $100 shimano combo from riverland(scimitar rod+sienna reel) with mono line

as years go by, with more spending power, I upgraded to $500 combo to $1000 combo to $2000 combo

so if u r a fishing enthusiast, buy the best combo u can afford

• Michael Lim
    If you're gonna be into a hobby.  Get a good quality one.
    You will definitely upgrade sooner or later.  So when you buy a low end one, you'll lose money later trying to sell it off and upgrading to a mid end one, then later lose more money selling tat off again and buying a even better one.
© Copyright 2016