Daiwa BG

bond
edited March 16 in Reels
Anyone using daiwa BG spinning reel here?
can give some review?
and which shop is selling?
thks

http://www.daiwa.com/us/contents/reels/bg_sw_spinning/
  • Michael Lim
    OJ tackle have it...  decent budget reel
  • bond
    edited March 16
    Thanks Michael ...will go and take a look   o:)
  • LoneRider
    I have a 2000 sized one. For the price it's a decent enough reel for ponds and reservoirs. Smooth, no wobble and one piece handle which I really like. I bought it for $115 which is a fair price. At least I know Daiwa manufactured it unlike some of the OEM/rebrands that we see so often now. 
  • bond
    LoneRider said:
    I have a 2000 sized one. For the price it's a decent enough reel for ponds and reservoirs. Smooth, no wobble and one piece handle which I really like. I bought it for $115 which is a fair price. At least I know Daiwa manufactured it unlike some of the OEM/rebrands that we see so often now. 
    ​Very true...bro :)

• Squidgies
    Used the 5000 size for BSR trip in June, Handled the Mekong cats and Siamese carps wonderfully. Not the smoothest but good, tough reel. No issues with casting and line lay. Happy with this value for money, can be abused without heart pain reel.
  • swoffer
    For 8-16lb rod, what size reel for Daiwa BG recommended? Size 2500 or 3000? 
  • monstrad
    swoffer said:
    For 8-16lb rod, what size reel for Daiwa BG recommended? Size 2500 or 3000? 

bring your rod down to test

too light a reel, the balance will be off towards front, so will feel tip heavy

© Copyright 2016