Surecatch 14" prokat reel seat

frz1
ive gotten a prokat 14" few years back and just realized that the reel seat is too big for my daiwa windcast. It wobbles like nobody business. Anyway that i can make it not wobble? ASIDE from changing the real seats.
thanks in advance! 
  • Devilzken
    Buy those rubber real seat protector or use shrink tube

• frz1
    Ok sure. Sorry but any idea where can i get this? 
  • Devilzken
    U can try asking Changi pro or the shop beside it. Quite a common ting to b sold in tackle shop
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Devilzken said:
    U can try asking Changi pro or the shop beside it. Quite a common ting to b sold in tackle shop
    ​I had no clue such things existed. Thank you. 
  • Devilzken
    Lol I also happen to come across it last time
  • frz1
    Ive tried using shrinking tube plus putting some wire insulation but still the whole reel wobble due to the reel seat on the rod is oversized for this reel.. thinking of getting a coaster instead. 
  • Devilzken
    It's unusual for the reel seat to b extra large unless ya reel is really too small.

Reel foot length too short for the reel seat even when fully locked
  • frz1
    I tried one of my other reel it fits nicely. But this particular reel doesnt. Somehow this reel foot doesnt fits nicely on this rod reel seat.. -.-
  • frz1
    But shouldnt be a problem if i were to use coasters instead right? 
  • Devilzken
    frz1 said:
    I tried one of my other reel it fits nicely. But this particular reel doesnt. Somehow this reel foot doesnt fits nicely on this rod reel seat.. -.-
    ​some reel foot is more pointed and some is more flat. Pointed one tend to shift ard.

Should b able to solve using the rubber. Do update if ok :)
  • frz1
    Nope it doesnt solve the problem. It just make it tighter for me to screw it in thats all. It doesnt solves the sides.. hais....
  • Devilzken
    frz1 said:
    Nope it doesnt solve the problem. It just make it tighter for me to screw it in thats all. It doesnt solves the sides.. hais....
    ​side u mean is the reel roll side by side?

Perhaps u got pic to post then will have a better idea :#
  • frz1
    Yup. Reel roll side by side... but all the rubbers and the shrink tubes ive taken out and i think i might have thrown it away cos it doesnt work. Hahaha.. 
  • Devilzken
    Mayb a pic on the seat and foot for clearer understanding
  • frz1
    The one with my hands on, i actually push it abit and thts the gap which im saying which makes the reel wobble like crazy. 

• Devilzken
    The reel foot is too small for the rod lol. It's too short even tighten all in the reel foot also NV get locked into the reel seat.

• frz1
    Yeah thats what my kaki told me too... he suggested me to go down to changi and get a reel seat perfect for the reel. Easy. 
  • Devilzken
    frz1 said:
    Yeah thats what my kaki told me too... he suggested me to go down to changi and get a reel seat perfect for the reel. Easy. 
    ​hope it works out for u. Tight lines
  • frz1
    Devilzken said:
    frz1 said:
    ​hope it works out for u. Tight lines
    ​Yeah thanks alot!