15lb braid to floro leader length

deedee
any chance willing to share tips on how long should the leader be and at what poundage? 
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Tip of right hand to left shoulder, can't for wrong. 

4lb mainline 12
    6lb mainline 12/16
    8lb mainline 16/20
    10lb mainline 16/20/25

If you want to go lower, pick it and then slowly these what you like. 

Hope this helps. 
  • deedee
    Tip of right hand to left shoulder, can't for wrong. 

4lb mainline 12
    6lb mainline 12/16
    8lb mainline 16/20
    10lb mainline 16/20/25

If you want to go lower, pick it and then slowly these what you like. 

Hope this helps. 
    ​Thank you man, so its roughly about 1 meter of the leader line should be enough? 
  • Devilzken
    Preferably 1.5m, if not u kena fish leader fray or got abrasion in front u cut cut 2 time u need to retie leader which is u NV wan to do during luring esp during loh jiak  ;)
  • Freakinfart
    lol i kia su and  sooo usually damn long.

Im using 6feet rod so my leader is from the bottom 3rd ring guide all e way 1 round back to the same 3rd ring guide.
  • deedee

Im using 6feet rod so my leader is from the bottom 3rd ring guide all e way 1 round back to the same 3rd ring guide.
    ​Haha, thats the thing. Mine also but sometime like affect my casting distance sigh
  • deedee

Devilzken said:
    Preferably 1.5m, if not u kena fish leader fray or got abrasion in front u cut cut 2 time u need to retie leader which is u NV wan to do during luring esp during loh jiak  ;)
    ​Ic ic, okok. So roughly from 1 to 1.5 should be fine i guess. 
  • deedee
    And thank you to all of you guys for the tips and advice. Appreciate it much guys.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Tip of the right hand to your left shoulder. That's what I do.
  • Freakinfart
    deedee said:

​Haha, thats the thing. Mine also but sometime like affect my casting distance sigh
    ​I think the way on how you tie your braid to leader will also affect the casting style.

Im using FG knot so is more smooth as opposed to using uniknot, albright, blood knot etc.
  • Devilzken
    FG is the best
  • Michael Lim
    deedee said:
    any chance willing to share tips on how long should the leader be and at what poundage? 
    ​Depends on what you are fishing for and on which kind of setup...

I use leaders of various types, wind-on leaders can be up to 2m long, short casting leaders can be 30 - 40cm long, etc...

Your choice of leader also depends on your target species as well as location of where you are fishing.  If you're aiming for seabass which will tend to abrade the leader with their rough sandpapery mouth and sharp gill covers, you'd need heavy leaders of say 30 - 40lbs.  Even more if you're aiming bigger specimens.

If you're after finicky species, you may need to go for low poundage, say 10 to 15lbs.

So there is no correct or wrong methods, just a matter of trial and error and finding what works for you.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016