ORTO Pond Details

Luke Maow Bear
edited October 2016 in General Fishing
Address: 81, Lorong Chencharu (769198)
Directly opposite Yishun Stadium.

Operating Hours:
24 hours

$12 hourly or Whole Day $60.

Weekday (Monday to Friday) special for nsf/student/retiree- $35 for 6hrs.

Rod rental additional of $5

Only food fishes like seabass, mangrove jack and toman can be brought back. 

Other food fishes like patin, walking cat, big head carp and tilapia must be below 2kg can bring back. 

All other amazon fishes regardless of size need to release back.

Max up to 3 single debarb hooks and No sinker allowed, rod length not more then 7ft. 

You can bring float and bait thread along.
Bait restriction: no pork in any form, all other bait is allowed.

• SportAngler
    Does it mean no fishing after 6pm?
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Does it mean no fishing after 6pm?
    ​Yea bro. It's for the safety of the diners. 
  • SportAngler
    Thanks Luke. Sianz liao. 1 less place to go on weekend.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    ​Yes some months ago someone nearly got head shot I think :neutral: 
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Check you what Ping Chuin Lim is doing now at ORTO
    : : https://www.facebook.com/Anglingaddict : :smile: 

:p 

• Blackmarlin
    Used tSportAngler said:
    ​was my favorite place to spend my Sundays morning for some fun but sad to say some month back they ban the use of my size 3 sinker and i was totally at a loss n became a zero fighter thereafter whilst my package was still valid. Tried yo fish a couple of time to exhaust my pkg but still zero at every outing n finally have to ban myself from there to save uncalled for agony. Sad........
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Used tSportAngler said:
    ​was my favorite place to spend my Sundays morning for some fun but sad to say some month back they ban the use of my size 3 sinker and i was totally at a loss n became a zero fighter thereafter whilst my package was still valid. Tried yo fish a couple of time to exhaust my pkg but still zero at every outing n finally have to ban myself from there to save uncalled for agony. Sad........
    ​Yeah bro, this situation hurt a lot of the anglers that had schedule. So now massive floats with hooks tied close so the bait does not fumble is how they are doing it. 

Here is another picture of how they are doing it, seems to be working ok and I may give it a try.

Angler: https://www.facebook.com/sebastian.tay.52

• Jonaang
    Hi, just wanna provide some tips for those who aren't keen to try due to the no sinker rule.

Tbh, sometime after the no sinker rule was implemented, the fishing just got much easier. Really, I'm not joking. Lures are more responsive, baits easier to take now. Why? cause the bait cannot fly all the way to the platform. 

What that means is that, no baits to platform = fishes get hungry = fishes move closer to areas where bait are easily reached = higher catch rate cause fishes are more focused in the near areas.

No joke. I remember one time, I was using some saba fish, casted along the beginner's pond fencing and the bites were coming in hard and fast. I also had no hope with the duo realis pencil back in the day, now, I easily can entice top water bites with the pencil baits, of course, weather conditions and water conditions and the number of lines in the pond play a big factor too. 

Just wanna put it out there for you all. 

TL:DR. after no sinker rule applied, fishes move closer to areas where baits are easily castable to. 
  • Luke Maow Bear
    That makes perfect sense. It. Changed how the fish are responding. 
  • JasonTZ
    Anyone know if the setup of the rods they rent over there is it appropriate for the heavy fishes i've seen there?
  • Luke Maow Bear
    JasonTZ said:
    Anyone know if the setup of the rods they rent over there is it appropriate for the heavy fishes i've seen there?
    ​Yes they are fine and Ok. Also they will guide you.
  • JasonTZ
    JasonTZ said:
    ​Thanks alot luke. looking forward to more videos of tips on fishing on the YT channel. Goodluck.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    JasonTZ said:
    JasonTZ said:
    ​Thanks alot luke. looking forward to more videos of tips on fishing on the YT channel. Goodluck.
    ​Yes bro and thank you. Will be releasing a few more soon. Have fun at ORTO.
  • SportAngler
    I read they are now are back to 24/7.
  • Luke Maow Bear
    I read they are now are back to 24/7.
    ​I have to check that out. Let me check.
  • Dino22
    From their facebook page:

1 Oct 2016. We will be operating back 24hrs daily. Do come support.

Got to get everyone to follow the rules so that we can have longer fishing hours:

FP House rule recap:
    - strictly no sinker/ no lead shot/ no jig head baiting/ no running sinker (for safety of all park users and diner)
    - max up to 3 single de-barbed hook per lure or per rig
    - max rod length: 7ft (no rod length restriction for fly fishing rod and pole fishing rod)
    - No pork in any form as bait
    - All bait to be placed on the bait tray for cutting. Do not place the bait directly on the benches or table

Please keep the area clean and kindly dispose your un-wanted hooks, lines or bait at the bin provided.

Please also do not stand behind anglers that are casting

Please cast with caution and keep a look out for safety.

Started with many wonderful fishes. Join us in the night.
    We will have the 6hrs for $40 for all adult for everyday on the month of October (usually only for weekday)

Hope the above helps and tight lines everyone!
  • stn0404
    Dino22 said:
    From their facebook page:

1 Oct 2016. We will be operating back 24hrs daily. Do come support.

Got to get everyone to follow the rules so that we can have longer fishing hours:

FP House rule recap:
    - strictly no sinker/ no lead shot/ no jig head baiting/ no running sinker (for safety of all park users and diner)
    - max up to 3 single de-barbed hook per lure or per rig
    - max rod length: 7ft (no rod length restriction for fly fishing rod and pole fishing rod)
    - No pork in any form as bait
    - All bait to be placed on the bait tray for cutting. Do not place the bait directly on the benches or table

Please keep the area clean and kindly dispose your un-wanted hooks, lines or bait at the bin provided.

Please also do not stand behind anglers that are casting

Please cast with caution and keep a look out for safety.

Started with many wonderful fishes. Join us in the night.
    We will have the 6hrs for $40 for all adult for everyday on the month of October (usually only for weekday)

Hope the above helps and tight lines everyone!
    ​Normal treble hooks cannot be used except the barbless ones?
  • Luke Maow Bear
    Singles that are barbless. 
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016