Have you ever been to Chop Chin Huat shop,Beach Road.Ran by a old man(From Teochew).

鲲江乡
edited May 2016 in Products.Services.Shops
If you are,can you share something about it?I am writting an ariticle about this shop.Thanks a lot.
I only get the current picture about it this time.Turns into a hotel under the overpass

• 鲲江乡
    The shop ran about from 50s to 80s.
  • 鲲江乡
    请问您是否曾经在新加坡美芝路(律)振发号渔具店(店主是位潮州老人)买过相关渔具产品,这家老店开张几十年,19世纪八十年代关闭。如果您曾经购买过,或者有相关印象,能不能告诉我一下。非常感谢。上面图片是它现在的位置,大约在天桥底下,现在已经是酒店了。
  • Blackmarlin
    No more around
  • LukeMaowBear
    Was it Siow Chiang? What colour was the door?
  • Freakinfart
    I think is the old school blue color door. Got ah pek and aunty manning the shop
  • Shimano68
    edited May 2016
    2-3 Ah Peks manning the shop. I still remember how the uncles look like. You can busy hooks by ew pieces and its wrapped in brown paper. Hooks are displayed using the soya sauce dish plate, the one that you would put your red cut chillis with soya sauce. 

The shop was fronting the main road for years and if I remember correctly, they shifted inside in the later years.
  • Blackmarlin
    They were behind Norden tackle at North Bridge near the bus stop
  • 鲲江乡
    Shimano68 said:
    2-3 Ah Peks manning the shop. I still remember how the uncles look like. You can busy hooks by ew pieces and its wrapped in brown paper. Hooks are displayed using the soya sauce dish plate, the one that you would put your red cut chillis with soya sauce. 

The shop was fronting the main road for years and if I remember correctly, they shifted inside in the later years.
    Did you bought anything from it before?
  • 鲲江乡
    They were behind Norden tackle at North Bridge near the bus stop
    When they shut?
  • 鲲江乡
    Was it Siow Chiang? What colour was the door?
    I don't know what color was the door.I will try to find later.
  • 鲲江乡
    Shimano68 said:

Can you describe how the owner(old man)?
  • oliver
    The owner and his brothers always wear those old folks pyjamas(stripped cotton long baggy pants) and singlets! I used to buy Mustad hooks from them and also get to know a old guy by the name of "Ah Hock" who brought me to Singkep. Shop also selling lotsa handlines and nets stuff...cheers!
  • Lawrento

I remember my entire savings was exchange with a Daiwa spinning gear and a ABU rod, when I was still schooling..... I tell myself that's the last, not knowing that's the beginning !!!

• LukeMaowBear
    Lawrento said:

I remember my entire savings was exchange with a Daiwa spinning gear and a ABU rod, when I was still schooling..... I tell myself that's the last, not knowing that's the beginning !!!

Yes it is and was over from that moment in time.

I bought a Calcutta when I was in school, it never stopped.
  • onlydeepsea
    Hock Heng fishing tackle shop Ricky used chase customers away by saying "you go to Ah Lau shop and buy don't disturb me" whenever customer asked alot of questions or want to purchase loose items.. He got irritated..Ricky business in the early days was very good ..export Abu product overseas that was boom time...he drives BMW..Gold Lolex watch..thick solid gold necklace!! Those were the days my friend!!
    Early 1980s...
© Copyright 2016