Bangkok fishing guide

noop
edited February 2016 in General Fishing
Dear all,

I'm currently in BKK from Jan to June for a school exchange. Looking for a fishing guide to fish every weekend. Looking to spend between 1000 to 2000 baht per trip. Any to recommend?

Thank you in advance
Jacobs
  • Freakomin
    Hi...I think u can contact this tour guide called 'BKK Fishing Guy' he has a youtube channel and is famous among Singaporeans as his customers are mostly Singaporeans..
    1000-2000 baht might seem too little i think...idk... I'm Thai so I don't need a guide to bring me around but just by going for 1 pond...I spend at least 1000 baht on fuel, food, and entry price ; 300-400baht for fuel, 200-400baht for food and drinks.. 250 baht for entry price/pax... Since I go with my uncle... Its 500 baht for 2 people... On top of that u still need to pay the tour guide...since you're not a Thai citizen, ponds may or may not actually charge u more than others... 250baht/pax is like the cheapest pond u can go...and most pond nowadays are 500baht/pax up...
  • Freakomin
    Oh yes...what are you aiming to fish for? Barramundi? Amazon monsters? Mekhong Catfish?
  • noop
    Thank for the reply
    I'll be here for exchange for 6 months so will try to do all sort of fishing and maybe even giant stingray if budget permits. So far i've been to local barra and mekong ponds near my residence paying 300 baht for a session, I have a thai student card and i manage to get local price for Bungsamran at 400baht, guide fee was 1000baht , my last trip to bsr was rather disappointing perhaps due to the recent cold weather change.

I'm intended to head out further out of bangkok to places such as
    Pilot 111, Sakuna or any others to recommend?

i'm looking for a guide for such distance.
    Alternatively how much is the rate for hiring a cab for a fishing session say 7am to 5pm ?
  • Freakomin
    Hmm...other than pilot 111 u can try maybe...boon Mar? If you want to have some fun with monsters then you can go to IT Lake Monsters...idk the rate of charge for the taxis but I think...it'll be quite expensive...
  • meridien
    go with badboy cheap n good
  • Boatman
    I went with Bad Boy previously and I paid the following for fishing at Bangkok.

1) Boon mar pond for Barramundi
    Transport+guide 3500 Baht. Entrance per Rod 2100 Baht.

2) Bungsamran for Mekong Catfish.
    Transport+guide 3,000 Baht. Entrance per Rod 2000 Baht and bait 620 Baht for 30kg
  • Freakomin
    Thats definitely not a local price for price per rod...
  • Boatman
    That's right...because I am not a local and the guide definitely would want to earn from me. But anyway money paid and had fun already. No need ask why I have paid so much. Money paid cannot take back right haha. By the way if anyone have a cheaper guide do pm me as I am planning another trip to fish in Bangkok in April.
  • Songphao
    Hi Not so far from pilot 111 they have one Barramundi pond whic is named Mongkol fishing pond (normal pond) there is no difference price between you and local guy but no guide service anyway fishing cost for 8hrs just 250thb. This pond is my favorite one.
  • monstrad
    Songphao said:
    Hi Not so far from pilot 111 they have one Barramundi pond whic is named Mongkol fishing pond (normal pond) there is no difference price between you and local guy but no guide service anyway fishing cost for 8hrs just 250thb. This pond is my favorite one.

hi, can't find much info about mongkol pond on internet, can share more information?
  • mrcrowley
    I’m going to bangkok on Fed 9th and planing to spend two days on fishing (prefer lure fishing),maybe we can hire a private car with driver (it’s about 4000 bat/day ,don’t need to pay gas or road tolls )together and split the pills, it might work out cheaper than hiring a guide,plus we ll have more freedom to choose the pond. If anybody is interested, just contact me amoreless@hotmail.com
  • mrcrowley
    I’m going to bangkok on Fed 9th and planing to spend two days on fishing (prefer lure fishing),maybe we can hire a private car with driver (it’s about 4000 bat/day ,don’t need to pay gas or road tolls )together and split the pills, it might work out cheaper than hiring a guide,plus we ll have more freedom to choose the pond. If anybody is interested, just contact me amoreless@hotmail.com
  • monstrad

where r u planning to fish?

I have been to new/old bungsamran, sakuna, pilot111, vipfishingpark. these places u just need grab or taxi. don't need hire guide, don't need wholeday driver/car. guide for these places is if u need their equipment or u r begineer

if u r planning ulu places like boonmar barra pond, amazon, it monsters then its better to hire a guide

I m planning a trip with bkk john to go reservoir toman sampan fishing and urban river chaopraya sampan fishing. cant go without a guide

• mindstory
    Get in touch with this guy:

https://meetrip.to/bangkok/tours/7444-lure-fishing-experience-near-bangkok-vip-fishing-park

he is not a guide but just a friendly fishing enthusiast. you can join him on his trips and he does not charge very much to bring you. Since you are there for half a year it will be nice to meet up with local fishing enthusiasts.  also going to pay ponds with a local you will not be made to pay a "tourist" fee. Also check out FishingEZ youtube channel for fishing spots and tackle info.

If you need to go shopping for tackles, try Rangsit-Pathumtani Soi 21 there are 2 tackle shops along the street, or Hatthai Fishing at Sukhumvit Soi 85 near On Nut BTS for affordable lures and anything you may need including bait mixes.

IMO you dont need a guide. Destinations such as BoonMar and IT Monsters are akin to being tourist attractions and are expensively priced as such. There are many other local places to have an enjoyable fishing day which you can find out by trolling the Thai fishing sites and Youtube channels such as FishingEZ, Hook It, WeeKait, Bangkok Hooker, etc. If need contact for reliable inexpensive transport, you may drop me a PM.
  • Devilzken

all the local pond tat can cost 200-500 than without guide
  • Luke Maow Bear
    monstrad said:

where r u planning to fish?

I have been to new/old bungsamran, sakuna, pilot111, vipfishingpark. these places u just need grab or taxi. don't need hire guide, don't need wholeday driver/car. guide for these places is if u need their equipment or u r begineer

if u r planning ulu places like boonmar barra pond, amazon, it monsters then its better to hire a guide

I m planning a trip with bkk john to go reservoir toman sampan fishing and urban river chaopraya sampan fishing. cant go without a guide

​Thank you
  • monstrad
    Devilzken said:

all the local pond tat can cost 200-500 than without guide

​for bungsamran, u cant pay local price if u r foreigner. even if u go with thai friend, u still need to pay foreigner price unless u manage to sneak in

thai ticket price is 400 baht

foreigner ticket price is 4000 baht

• Devilzken
    Ya except for some pond mentioned above, forget to state :p
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016