Finally a shore CR.

frz1
edited January 2016 in Catch Reports
Tide was pretty low either 0.5 or 0.6 but who cares. Its all about luck. At around 1830hrs saw whole school of selars dancing around on the surface... chances of getting selars on jigs its obviously zero. So quickly changed to the sabikis. Casted out AHHH ITS ON!!! those big ones really gives a good pull. Well it was fun though. Atleast about 4 to 5 inches. There come this two uncles who is often there set up their rods rig their baits and started to cast out. Told one of them to catch those selars for your baits. It will be a jackpot. Yes they did manage to get somes. I Caught a small mack. I think so la its a mack... gave to them. They rig the mack casted out. Less than 10mins or so strong pull on his rod and silence. He went over to check his rod and gave a strong pump and the fish starts to go for a sprint. ITS ON! Man vs fish and the man lost the battle. A min later after the line burst a huge stingray roughly around 10-15kg in size surface up to either say hello or say bye bye, i won the battle. OH THE TIDE IS STILL DAMM LOW. Hands getting more and more itchy. Went to the car and set up my rod and slice some selars to fillets It was too big to use as bait. Cast out and wait. If have have lor.... 30 - 45mins my rod starts to wiggle. And yes its on!!!! A nice deep sea seebass. Yahhooo!!! Not big but just nice for 2 person to have it.

• The killer
    Nice gao & Bass .. btw .. everywhere u fish sure have Sotong .. haha
  • frz1
    Haha.yes its VERY nice... hahaha.... thanks. Actually to be honest ah sotong is my fav. Especially those dried ones. Sambal sotong. Power. Hahah
  • dave_m
    was Cycling along the coast line last week. night time.
    saw some N park ranger there..
  • frz1
    dave_m" said:
    was Cycling along the coast line last week. night time.
    saw some N park ranger there..
    Along the coast line? When and where was it?
  • frz1
    First for 2016. Hoorahhhh!!!
    Same same but different.

• frz1
    Caught it 2mths back. And after this catch was total silence tru out the night. Was released safely.. 

• frz1
    Caught another today fella same2 but diff... Safely released. And i thought it would be ACK. oh well.. 
    Sorry for the not so clear pic. Rushing to release it!
  • Luke Maow Bear
    A SHARK! !!!!
  • frz1
    after so long of not fishing. Since me and wife off so why not we head down to usual spot with no baits at all. Once reached quickly set up and jig for baits. But sadly not even a single take on the jigs.. morale down. Told myself to just keep on jigging who knows this bait will bring me luck! And finally got the 1st pc followed by 2nd. Cast it out. And continue to find more baits. 45mins passed by rod no action, reel in check bait gone. Hook up another pc and cast out. Reel in slack AH SHIT SANGKUT!! Ah heck la leave it. If have fish good  can help pull it out if no fish also good means can go back early. Sit down chit chat first ring. Slowly walk up hold on to rod, high alert. Just as i was about to put back to the rod stand it started to RUN BABY RUN!! Pump up the fella and just keep reellllinnnngggg innnn!!!! Ahhh finally after so damm long! A very good welcome back from them. Enjoy! 

• Luke Maow Bear
    This is excellent. Keep at it and tada!
  • frz1
    After months of not fishing. For a simple reason LAZY lol! So head down to usual playground with usual kakis rig up freshly caught sotong cast n wait. No show. Later a friend drop by and pass us a power bait. All change except for me. Ahh forget it lets try newly caught power bait. Cast it out and wait again. And mins later drag peeling rod bending like crazy. AHHH SYIOKSYIOKSYIOK!!! That bloody awesome feeling of hearing the drag peel make everyone kanchiong. Lol! PUMP PUMP PUMP still peel. Ugh!!! Dint tighten the drag tht much as was too afraid rig might just gv way. WHICH I WAS DAMM STUPID FOR NOT TIGHTENING IT. -.- eventually i lost. Damm it must be a freaking monster. 
    Second cast with power bait. Waited not long till the bell ring once. Line slack.. reel in and there we go this time round tighten up drag and pump it.. reel reel reel. Woah shag... halfway reeling in got snag. And i was like JSIFKFHS&/&:@(&;):$/!!!!!!!! So i tried moving around hoping it will get release and yes it did. Pump again n start reeling in. Hand not enough torque alr. Zzzzzz... 
    But finally it manage to surface up so friends slowly bring it in and up up you goooo!!! Big fat mama. Yummmeehhhhh!!

• Luke Maow Bear
    Eh awesome la!
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016