Fishing at Pasir Ris Main Pond

fudgecakes
edited August 2015 in General Fishing
Hello all,

I went down to pasir ris main pond last weekend night to fish with my girlfriend. we prepared both baiting equipment and luring equipment. We started with luring, then baiting with a single hook rig, then a single hook apollo and dual hook apollo. at the end we were zero fighters and went home. So id like to know if anyone has any advice for me and if i was doing something wrong?

baits used were prawns, sotongs and chicken liver bought from the super market

lures used: maria fakebait, berkley power bait split tail minnow
  • Xcluxive
    Normally i use a bullet floater with 1m to 1.5m leader to the hook size 3/0 minimum 5/0 maximum ( unless you're fishing for pomfret kindly use a smaller hook size) with live prawns or kembung fish.. i cast it out far... every 5-10mins with no bite i will reel in a metre.. trolling with floater.. hehehe, or you can try to just cast your floater out just 2 metres away from where you standing.. some of the fishes there tend to swim closer to you.

For Luring rubber lure works the best there, for barramudi using spoon is much more effective,
    you can go to table num 10 to watch how the pros there lure... and u will be amaze how many fishes they catch. If you sit there and and do some sightseeing , you will know which spot works for the style of fishing you gonna use. :D
  • fudgecakes
    Xcluxive" said:
    Normally i use a bullet floater with 1m to 1.5m leader to the hook size 3/0 minimum 5/0 maximum ( unless you're fishing for pomfret kindly use a smaller hook size) with live prawns or kembung fish.. i cast it out far... every 5-10mins with no bite i will reel in a metre.. trolling with floater.. hehehe, or you can try to just cast your floater out just 2 metres away from where you standing.. some of the fishes there tend to swim closer to you.

For Luring rubber lure works the best there, for barramudi using spoon is much more effective,
    you can go to table num 10 to watch how the pros there lure... and u will be amaze how many fishes they catch. If you sit there and and do some sightseeing , you will know which spot works for the style of fishing you gonna use. :D
    hi Xcluxive, thanks for replying :) do you normally do that during the day and night? or is it only effective during the day?
  • Xcluxive
    I often fish there at night, but if u do luring during the day will be much more effective, during the night u need to reel in ur lure slow or moderately to get hits. :lol:
  • timatworksg
    Second what Xclusive mentioned. I have not tried a night session yet...I normally fish the 7am to 3pm session. YEs...spot 10 is where they get a lot of fish even from luring. You will notice many of the regulars cast far around the Seal Statues. Most of the time...getting these spots are hard as they are there almost everyday! however you can get a decent catch even beside them. I do luring and have had success with plastic lures such as Storm WildEye Shads and Zman minnows and grubs. The green's work well.
    I found the morning time from 7am to around 11am you can get some decent catches. Once afternoon comes...it slows down. That's where casting further inwards really helps as the fish stay deeper.
    A 7' rod will help with long casting and perhaps lure in the morning quarter and then switch to baiting in the afternoon so you can relax and grab lunch. I run a 6'6" spinning rod with a 250 size reel spooled with 10lbs line to a 20lb leader.
    I will try a night session soon...perhaps we can arrange one if your up for it. I would love meeting other PRMP goers and make new fishing friends! PM me!
    Cheers
  • jtfish
    guys do you know for the floater rig eright, cast out 2 metre how long shud the depth be??????
  • Jackjack90
    2.5-3m depth but it depends on which side you are at. As there is a step at the edge of the pond. And usually after the step the water depth should be 2.5-3m 
  • Staceyzzsmub
    edited July 2016
    2.5-3m depth but it depends on which side you are at. As there is a step at the edge of the pond. And usually after the step the water depth should be 2.5-3m 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z6Y7ggtmWE
  • smellymonster
    Hi there, the price is $49 from 7am - 3pm right? There is and option to top up to fishi till 6pm/7pm?