squid on!

azrfrz
edited February 2016 in Catch Reports
Hands was too itchy and couldnt sleep that night. Decided to go down to jig for sotongs. And to my surprise when i reached to the spot 2 big ones was just infront of me. Clip my all time 1.8 fav jig and casted few meters away frm the coupl slowly retrieve and jig. But they were to engross with each other and ignore the jig and fled off to somewhere noone can see them. Cast jig cast jig cast jig. Decided to reel in to light a cigg. Just after the jig was out of water there was this fella actually chased the jig bt too bad it dint managed to take it. Straight away casted near the fella, slowly retrieve and by looking at the fella it was already on striking mode and BAMMMM!! SQUID ON!! For the first time to fight a squid tht big was kinda scary as i was afraid it will just tear up its tentacles... ahh just let it run la... the most scariest part was when i had to bring it up as i had no gaffs or nets or wtv with me. Slowly pull my line up praying hard it wont drop down and WALAA!! A nice 500g.
Following day bring wife to the same spot but this time it was during the last light. She casted out for 3 times and while working the jig she felt there was something heavy on the end of the line. She taught it was some rubbish(I THOUGHT THERE GOES MY $11 JIG) or maybe a huge seaweed because she gave a light jerk and there wasent any tug or pull and so she was abt to tighten the drag but the fella choose to go for a sprint.. WOOHHHOOO!! ANOTHER 200G to add for the collection for our seafood!

• fishynatic
    Wow! How do you cook the squid? First time i brought back this green eye for stir fry... Its very rubbery. Hence my squid is kept for baits.
  • azrfrz
    Have yet to cook this two together. Sambal sotong bakar. Will update regarding the taste of the sotong. Hahaha.
  • fishynatic
    Fuuuh enak bangat. I chose the size i deem fit for slice up and use on hook size 4/0. Hope to hear the delicacy from u soon.

• kinect
    Caught at Labrador Park?
  • Bo sang Fishing
    Hi Bro

Dun waste a fresh sotong on sambal. Buy a few salted eggs and use only the egg york. Cut the york into smaller piece and squeeze it into the squit. Steam them for about 7mins and serve with sambal chillies. Omg i better go cook my maggie noodle.....so hungry.

Cheers
  • physlo2
    Will be soft after you steam it? Coz the bigger green eye are tough.
  • azrfrz
    kinect" said:
    Caught at Labrador Park?
    Nope. Somewhere east.. cheers!
  • dave_m
    east coast park?
  • dave_m
    I also wanna join u. on the spot grill it. best!
  • azrfrz
    Two catch frm last night but one more smaller never took pic. Bahh! one catch for tonight. Better than nth!

• fishynatic
    Still havent cook the squid yet? Anyone squidding tonight?
  • azrfrz
    No time to really cook the squid but wife cut into pieces and made calamari rings. It was alil hard la. But one word for it. AWESOME! Haha..will be heading out tonight. Hope to get afew pcs. :)
  • fishynatic
    azrfrz" said:
    No time to really cook the squid but wife cut into pieces and made calamari rings. It was alil hard la. But one word for it. AWESOME! Haha..will be heading out tonight. Hope to get afew pcs.
  • azrfrz
    One is better than none.

• fishynatic
    Wow nice squid. Punggol end is teeming with squid on the upcoming tide yesterday.
  • frz1
    And she's currently placing top of the table. 2 on a sabiki rig. WEIRDDDD!!!!! It was a awesome fight according to her as she thought it was a big grouper. (Oh its Not local waters)

• frz1
    Just a lil update of tonight's catch. Most of them were shy. Caught some loss some. Well its part n parcel of life.

• The killer
    Extra for dinner plate .. nice CR
  • Ragman
    King Bait for Big Gao. Now season bro go get some big gao with your super bait
  • frz1
    Sg got season one meh? And obviously needa know the spot too la... am i right bro...
    Ragman" said:
    King Bait for Big Gao. Now season bro go get some big gao with your super bait
  • frz1
    Went for a quickie. Just 15mins and this fella came in to say hi. Sweeettttt....

• The killer
    frz1" said:

Went for a quickie. Just 15mins and this fella came in to say hi. Sweeettttt....
    [attachment-img]294977[/attachment-img]

HAHA .. Sure the Squid said "hi" ? I guess more like " i hate u for hooking me" .. :lol:
  • frz1
    Hahaha!! It did said hi but in the end it regretted la bro! Hahaha.
    The killer" said:
    [quote="frz1"]
    [attachment-img]294977[/attachment-img]

HAHA .. Sure the Squid said "hi" ? I guess more like " i hate u for hooking me" .. :lol:[/quote]
  • frz1
    Water isint that perfect today it was rather low but who cares.. lights on and fire! Total hits 3.. dint took the other 2 pic. But overall ok la for 1hr30min session.

• Bo sang Fishing
    Hi frz1

Try using the salted egg yoke n squeeze it in the sotong n steam it. It really good and i learn it years ago from pulau aur fishing.

Regards
  • The killer
    frz1" said:

Water isint that perfect today it was rather low but who cares.. lights on and fire! Total hits 3.. dint took the other 2 pic. But overall ok la for 1hr30min session.
    [attachment-img]295125[/attachment-img]

Wa .. Im sure Squid family hate u now .. dont need to go mkt liao :lol:
  • frz1
    Bo sang Fishing" said:
    Hi frz1

Try using the salted egg yoke n squeeze it in the sotong n steam it. It really good and i learn it years ago from pulau aur fishing.

Regards
    You mean just keep stuffing the salted yoke till the sotong bloated i supposed? Shall try this wkend. Or maybe get few more then i try.
  • frz1
    The killer.. dont say like tht leh. You also same2 mah... kbl also. Bt everytime keep getting. Lol
  • d.titan
    Saw this video catching sotong
    They r gd, makes my hands so itchy now...

#106 ティップエギングで能登のアオリイカを狙い撃て! - YouTube
  • The killer
    d.titan" said:
    Saw this video catching sotong
    They r gd, makes my hands so itchy now...

#106 ティップエギングで能登のアオリイカを狙い撃て! - YouTube
    Me too , feel like hunting for squid spot...
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016