Ajing Light Game Action

LukeMaowBear
edited June 2015 in General Fishing

Thanks to Kai Jing from E-Waves who is a friend of mine saw that I had clueless ideas on this new mini jig fishing. Shore Casting Anglers are going smaller and smaller; Tilapias are also hitting according to Jacky (spelling) who is there now on a Saturday.

Recently a few Anglers were at St. John's proving this type of fishing works. Cool huh.
  • fishynatic
    Im using this jighead bought at saber tackle. The hooks are thin, power sia. Bought those small valleyhill custom worm. Only tested it at woodlands waterfront, caught some flat head, baby grunters, gobies. Quite fun! My Set up is 6ft blackyhole, that red rod is light, flexy and mighty. But i sprayed it purple, change the guides. My reel is sienna 500, line 4lb nanofil.

Oh, no one asking. Just sharing

• LukeMaowBear
    Yami Dakara from Facebook Groups

Ajing is fishing for Aji/ horse mackerel using lures. Light game is what is termed lrf in English. But that light game started mostly with bass tackle being used for stuff like mebaru and kasago as well as other targets. Ajing branched off on a different path from lrf about 8 years or so mostly due to different rigs and rods.
  • LukeMaowBear
    fishynatic" said:

Im using this jighead bought at saber tackle. The hooks are thin, power sia. Bought those small valleyhill custom worm. Only tested it at woodlands waterfront, caught some flat head, baby grunters, gobies. Quite fun! My Set up is 6ft blackyhole, that red rod is light, flexy and mighty. But i sprayed it purple, change the guides. My reel is sienna 500, line 4lb nanofil.

[attachment-img]289915[/attachment-img]
    Thanks for sharing this, I have 2 setups l, MSX UL and I have a shore casting rod. I loaded my 4000 with 8lb power pro, as an experiment for SW.
  • HKS
    fishynatic" said:

Hey fishy! I'm also into ajing and stay at woodlands maybe one of these days we can fish tgt at waterfront!
  • fishynatic
    HKS" said:
    [quote="fishynatic"]

Hey fishy! I'm also into ajing and stay at woodlands maybe one of these days we can fish tgt at waterfront![/quote]hi, What's your catch so far at woodlands waterfront? Recently i caught some big red plastic bag. It put up a good fight. Also i caught a big tamban.

• fishynatic
    Anyway Hks, im not a cnr person if you dont mind. I take my fish. If fate relent, then we go there and fish. Not at woodlands waterfront jetty but somewhere there.
  • LukeMaowBear
    Ready for tomorrow

• LukeMaowBear
    fishynatic" said:
    Anyway Hks, im not a cnr person if you dont mind. I take my fish. If fate relent, then we go there and fish. Not at woodlands waterfront jetty but somewhere there.
    Nothing wrong in taking a fish home for a feed. I can't resist Spanish Flags or T Boon.
  • HKS
    fishynatic" said:

cnr is a personal choice buddy! I personally practice cnr most of the time because i do mainly freshwater so i hardly fancy ever bringing home my catches except for soonhock which will surely be caught and released into my family's belly. I have no idea what i'd do to ajing catches because i haven't gotten any yet while i'm still awaiting my rod to arrive from japan :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't caught anything from the jetty before but i've seen ppl hitting tambans and stuff and thought maybe i could try starting from there lol, i was also thinking about trying to hit the whitings at wak hassan as i've always wanted to hit them on lure somehow :geek:
  • HKS
    Luke Maow Bear" said:

Ready for tomorrow

[attachment-img]289981[/attachment-img]

[attachment-img]289980[/attachment-img]

[attachment-img]289979[/attachment-img]

i'll be camping in this thread waiting to see some ajing catches!
  • LukeMaowBear

We downsized all our gear and went with Ajing sized soft plastics and hooks as on a hunch we were convinced we will be successful at the Pasir Ris Pro Pond , and successful we were. I was on shad tails and Dave was on paddles tails to clearly know the difference.

The paddle tails were the clear winner, and in the hands of Dave, it proved devastating, the shad tails would work if the water was warmer - at least that is what we deduced.

What we learnt

1.) Before the rain the fish were willing to take shad tails; the straight tails. (without a paddle)

2.) During and after the rain, the paddle tails were very effective, because the water was very cold and fish became extremely lethargic.

3.) With lethargic fish we had to reel VERY slow, and so the paddle tails had action whereas the shad tails had minimal to no movement.

So we think no matter what get Ajing soft plastics with paddles, but if you go into the open of salt water then carry shad tails.

• fishynatic
    HKS" said:
    [quote="fishynatic"]Anyway Hks, im not a cnr person if you dont mind. I take my fish. If fate relent, then we go there and fish. Not at woodlands waterfront jetty but somewhere there.

cnr is a personal choice buddy! I personally practice cnr most of the time because i do mainly freshwater so i hardly fancy ever bringing home my catches except for soonhock which will surely be caught and released into my family's belly. I have no idea what i'd do to ajing catches because i haven't gotten any yet while i'm still awaiting my rod to arrive from japan :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't caught anything from the jetty before but i've seen ppl hitting tambans and stuff and thought maybe i could try starting from there lol, i was also thinking about trying to hit the whitings at wak hassan as i've always wanted to hit them on lure somehow :geek:[/quote]oh ok, good luck bro! Post cr yea.
  • BiGB@RR@
    Luke Maow Bear" said:
    [quote="fishynatic"]Anyway Hks, im not a cnr person if you dont mind. I take my fish. If fate relent, then we go there and fish. Not at woodlands waterfront jetty but somewhere there.
    Nothing wrong in taking a fish home for a feed. I can't resist Spanish Flags or T Boon.[/quote]

I love a good T Boon steak too..haha
  • fishynatic
    Luke, how do you use that yamashita thing?
  • LukeMaowBear
    fishynatic" said:
    Luke, how do you use that yamashita thing?
    Straight crank and twitch, I attach a small swivel to it and use a split shot further down.
  • FishSha
    Hi Luke,

Awesome catch report there mate, they must have gone hard on the lighter gear.

Just out of curiosity, what line weight and leader were you running?

Cheers
  • tadpole
    Hi luke, may i ask where to get the orange camo bag that the young angler is wearing? Thanks a bunch! Great catches
  • LenLow
    Nooooo!~
  • LukeMaowBear
    tadpole" said:
    Hi luke, may i ask where to get the orange camo bag that the young angler is wearing? Thanks a bunch! Great catches
    I will ask Max.
    FishSha" said:
    Hi Luke,

Awesome catch report there mate, they must have gone hard on the lighter gear.

Just out of curiosity, what line weight and leader were you running?

Cheers
    6lb main and I think it was a 16lb leader
  • LukeMaowBear
    tadpole" said:
    Ok I asked him, they got it from Tokyo :( Sorry bro :( and to make matters worse it has no brand!
  • tadpole
    Luke Maow Bear" said:
    [quote="tadpole"]Hi luke, may i ask where to get the orange camo bag that the young angler is wearing? Thanks a bunch! Great catches
    Ok I asked him, they got it from Tokyo :( Sorry bro :( and to make matters worse it has no brand![/quote]

Haha its ok! thank you for asking i do appreciate your effort! cheers! :D
  • fishynatic
    Hi luke, any ajing cr on mainland local shoreline?
  • timmytan1991
    One question.

I have trouble pairing my soft gomuku bulky ring with a jig head. Any to recommend? 

The trouble I face is casting distance. 

I am using a storm adventure rod 2-6lb loaded with 8lb fire line and 15lb leader. 

Can someone tell me what's wrong?
  • Devilzken
    Try 4lbs braid and 10lbs leader. Some even uses 2lbs braid
  • timmytan1991
    Devilzken said:
    Try 4lbs braid and 10lbs leader. Some even uses 2lbs braid
    ​thanks m8
  • LukeMaowBear
    Anytime, hope it helps.
  • PatrickStar
    Thanks for sharing/poisoning, I will be wanting to try UL/LRF soon. My son's $30 UL rod/reel combo and $60 ML micro jig set lands more fish than me when we fish from shore and jetty. Bought some jigheads and soft straights to try at rocky areas where I normally avoid due to fear of snags.
  • fishynatic
    I also do lrf, alot of one way ticket. Almost cast one way of non return.
  • frz1
    Lrf? 
  • Freakomin
    Light rock fishing 
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016