5/11/06

shawnneo
edited November 2006 in Catch Reports
Went luring saturday night with a friend.

had 2 strike...

both ah seng.... 1 manage to self release before photo taking..

so manage to get the 2nd seng to post for photo...

• shawnneo
    Wow..... Ah seng nobody interested...

a 1kg ah seng and 1kg grouper fight is almost the same le...or even better and it really does not matter at all which species since most ppl CnR and as long they put up a good fight..
  • nick
    shawnneo,

I think its a belukang I might be wrong anyway its a good catch, btw I got my first catch on lure also a catfish a 2kg fat belukang which got me so excited coz i got it in during dawn think it was a kbl when i saw the catfish I was both happy as well as surprised and sad whahahah!
  • Nenasi
    Good one Shawn, caught 1 spinning tamban at Yishun pond, abt 700gm and I thought it was a mangrove jack initially cos the take was explosive and reel also screamed!
  • shawnneo
    nick" said:
    shawnneo,

I think its a belukang I might be wrong anyway its a good catch, btw I got my first catch on lure also a catfish a 2kg fat belukang which got me so excited coz i got it in during dawn think it was a kbl when i saw the catfish I was both happy as well as surprised and sad whahahah!
    for me is happy .... cos my lure land it .... boosting some confidence again.... long time zero liao..

a kim would be a added bonus ...
  • shawnneo
    Nenasi" said:
    Good one Shawn, caught 1 spinning tamban at Yishun pond, abt 700gm and I thought it was a mangrove jack initially cos the take was explosive and reel also screamed!
    yeah .. they indeed provide some excitement .. :lol:
  • Salleh
    yep the way I see the fins and the head its a Belukang. But they also chase lures too meh? wow. I didnt know abt that.hehehe.

Nice catch dude. :D
  • kim hunter
    Shawnneo...........

Well all I can say is........BRAVO..........

No doubt it's a belukang (not the usual marine catfish aka ah seng), the beauty is you hook it using lure. That's wonderful. Good catch!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!!
  • Grouperboi
    im still waiting for my 10kg tamban to take my GT popper...;p;z :(
  • Nenasi
    shawnneo" said:
    [quote="Nenasi"]Good one Shawn, caught 1 spinning tamban at Yishun pond, abt 700gm and I thought it was a mangrove jack initially cos the take was explosive and reel also screamed!
    yeah .. they indeed provide some excitement .. :lol:[/quote]

Next trip jio me along.......ok? Long time nvr go luring liao. Sms me ur number again. Mine is 97861231 just in case.