Ikan Kurau-- Threadfin "harvest"

silong
edited November 2006 in Catch Reports
Fishing location---->Sentosa(Island Life of magic)
Fishing Kakis ---->Ah Soon and I

dated on 28/10/06
Posted late as usual.. i got no time to post :)
As usual prepared for fishing and went to my usual hangout place at sentosa.
Reached there at about 2030hrs after breakfast and started fishing for bait fish.

My fishing kaki was fishing for the bait fish while I was fishing for some rabbitfish(pei
tor)the fish we normally had during chinese new year.I tried my luck using prawn fry.
Instead of getting rabbit fish,i got those little parrotfish/tuskfish,so pathetic.Its
not even enough for a meal.My kaki manage to get some bait fish like "kunning" and tamban
and we started going for the big ones.

We're almost bored to death as nothing took bite of
our bait at all..After fishing for about 2 hours plus, there were signs of response, my
line from my multiplier started to run out,as my tension set was kind of loose,it was an
easy fight with the fish as it wasn't so big,it was threadfin. After getting the first
threadfin,i finally got more mood to fish for more.Not long after a got the second one,then third and again and
again. It seemed we've met a shoal of threadfin.

After for about 2 hours ,the sea went silent again,think the shoal
had already pass the area.We got catch of the day,good food fish..
All the threadfins caught were about 2kgs.
the photo was taken at the spot as well... its kinda dark..lol
  • Icebomb
    Wow u went to Underwater World to fish? :lol: Great CR! Surely noone would ask you why you tapao Kuraus and Eng Kos... Cuz they're sure tasty!
  • PishinKid
    Nice one la bro. but are those little fish edible? i've caught them quite often. didnt know what to do with them but to throw it back. lol. Great catch btw. =)

But Pic abit too big hor. :lol:

Cheers
  • silong
    silong" said:
    Fishing location---->Sentosa(Island Life of magic)
    Fishing Kakis ---->Ah Soon and I

dated on 28/10/06
    Posted late as usual.. i got no time to post :)
    As usual prepared for fishing and went to my usual hangout place at sentosa.
    Reached there at about 2030hrs after breakfast and started fishing for bait fish.

My fishing kaki was fishing for the bait fish while I was fishing for some rabbitfish(pei
    tor)the fish we normally had during chinese new year.I tried my luck using prawn fry.
    Instead of getting rabbit fish,i got those little parrotfish/tuskfish,so pathetic.Its
    not even enough for a meal.My kaki manage to get some bait fish like "kunning" and tamban
    and we started going for the big ones.

We're almost bored to death as nothing took bite of
    our bait at all..After fishing for about 2 hours plus, there were signs of response, my
    line from my multiplier started to run out,as my tension set was kind of loose,it was an
    easy fight with the fish as it wasn't so big,it was threadfin. After getting the first
    threadfin,i finally got more mood to fish for more.Not long after a got the second one,then third and again and
    again. It seemed we've met a shoal of threadfin.

After for about 2 hours ,the sea went silent again,think the shoal
    had already pass the area.We got catch of the day,good food fish..
    All the threadfins caught were about 2kgs.
    the photo was taken at the spot as well... its kinda dark..lol

• jaLib0y
    woah...nice nice...whcih part of sentosa may i ask?
  • jaLib0y
    woah...nice nice...whcih part of sentosa may i ask?
  • Grouperboi
    this is crazy......wish i had tis kinda luck man
  • silong
    Grouperboi" said:
    this is crazy......wish i had tis kinda luck man
    Just bring MISS LADY LUCK along next time... haha

CHeers!! :o
  • 25 cts
    =D> =D> =D>