Chanig CR 29 Oct 2006

Kimbarksai
edited November 2006 in Catch Reports
Tackle:
Gloomis Rod 6ft, 8-12 lbs
Daiwa Airity 2000
Main line 10 lbs
Leader 30 lbs
Lure Rapala Skitter pop

Reach "the spot" at 10am, casting for almost 1.5 hrs, hand tired lah. During these time, 2 barracudas roll onto surface to attack my lure, but no firm hook up. At 1130am, strike ! line go zzgggh...and it jump out of the water acrobatically, it's Queenie! It keep jumping in the air for 4 to 5 times, however the fight only last for around 3 minutes. and i land the queenie successfully. Start doing photo shoots. The Queenie must be damn tired lah, it took me nearly 7mins to revive her. Finally, she has enough energy to swim off.




  • Rod_Man
    Hi, can share the spot with us?.... :D
    Kimbarksai" said:
    Tackle:
    Gloomis Rod 6ft, 8-12 lbs
    Daiwa Airity 2000
    Main line 10 lbs
    Leader 30 lbs
    Lure Rapala Skitter pop

    Reach "the spot" at 10am, casting for almost 1.5 hrs, hand tired lah. During these time, 2 barracudas roll onto surface to attack my lure, but no firm hook up. At 1130am, strike ! line go zzgggh...and it jump out of the water acrobatically, it's Queenie! It keep jumping in the air for 4 to 5 times, however the fight only last for around 3 minutes. and i land the queenie successfully. Start doing photo shoots. The Queenie must be damn tired lah, it took me nearly 7mins to revive her. Finally, she has enough energy to swim off.
  • nick
    Kimbarksai,

    Nice catch there! :shock: :smt023 :smt038 :smt041 Even nicer of you to perform CPR to revive the beautiful fish and release it!! :D :lol:
  • fishpullipull
    nick" said:
    Kimbarksai,

    Nice catch there! :shock: :smt023 :smt038 :smt041 Even nicer of you to perform CPR to revive the beautiful fish and release it!! :D :lol:
    Totally agree with u nick....good one Kimbarksai.. :smt023
  • man_power
    quenn fish with skitter pop? good one!!
  • Vin Tan
    That is very nice of U to CPR before release!!! Great job! :P
  • fishology
    haha, queenie on popper very shiok right. Another good lure for them is the yo zuri surface cruiser. Anyway great job on the release but next time can try not to put on the rock? very painful for them leh...
  • Kimbarksai
    fishology" said:
    haha, queenie on popper very shiok right. Another good lure for them is the yo zuri surface cruiser. Anyway great job on the release but next time can try not to put on the rock? very painful for them leh...
    still amateur, dont know it is painful mah. so how? where to put? on top of a plastic bag?
  • Jedi Shikari
    Kimbarksai" said:
    [quote="fishology"]haha, queenie on popper very shiok right. Another good lure for them is the yo zuri surface cruiser. Anyway great job on the release but next time can try not to put on the rock? very painful for them leh...
    still amateur, dont know it is painful mah. so how? where to put? on top of a plastic bag?[/quote]

    as long as not in your icebox !! :lol:

    Good catch, bro...... well done...
Sign In or Register to comment.
© Copyright 2016
All times are UTC