Sedili 110

chweeleng
edited November 2006 in Catch Reports
This is a fishing trip up north to share with fellow forumers.

Day - Not much action, except for a few brusted lines on biggies. Suspected Tenggri (I had one burst on the 80lb bite leader rig with a 15cm sela on 6/0 VMC hook/Wire/80lb bite leader)
Total catch during day includes a cobia around 10kg and few other small catch

Night - Lots of jelly fish and todaks. No sotong.
Jigged 110 trevally and 7 Ikan Parang and few barracudas by 5 jiggers. Action lasted whole night. I personally lost 5 jigs for the trip.

Enough said, let the photos do the talking.




  • chweeleng
    Moderator, please help to re-size the photos. Thanks a lot
  • Wilson
    nice :D

    Lots of bigeyes, must be damn fun using light tackle....

    saw Ah Chin in the photo, the bigeyes must be very "suay" to kena by him, coz Burma trip kena cancel and strength reserve for Big dogs is pass on to the bigeyes...... hehe
  • chweeleng
    Hi wilson, it is indeed fun on light jigging tackle. Those bigeyes are really powerful.

    No worries for ah chin cause he will be joining u guys for the trip in Dec... (Plus another in Jan hahaa)
  • jchng
    Hiya Chweeleng,

    Excellent catch :D Fish until wrist break...

    Cheerz
    chng joseph
  • Anonymous
    chweeleng" said:
    Moderator, please help to re-size the photos. Thanks a lot
    Please refer to this link for informations on photo resizing:
    http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22316
  • Kaix
    Wah!! :shock: very good harvest :)
  • shawnneo
    superb trip .....

    bravo bravo ... :wink:

    tat will be dream trip
  • fishpullipull
    nice! :smt023
  • Freddie Lai
    Woah....
    thats alot of big eye jacks!!!

    :smt038
  • foong
    Absolutely great results from Sedili! Well done!
  • Blue Ocean
    chweeleng, what you did with the fishes, you sell 'em?
  • chweeleng
    Thanks jack for the re-sizing. It really helps a lot.

    Blue Ocean, We gave a 1/7 to Haslim, 1/7 to the other non jigger angler of ours and the other 5/7 to ourselves..

    I personally gave away quite a few, leaving only about 4-5 with mum.
    Market value for the Big Eye alone should be around S$700-S800 i guess. We just want to share the joy of fishing with others, no intention to sell them hehee..

    Tight lines,
    Chweeleng
  • Nenasi
    chweeleng" said:
    This is a fishing trip up north to share with fellow forumers.

    Day - Not much action, except for a few brusted lines on biggies. Suspected Tenggri (I had one burst on the 80lb bite leader rig with a 15cm sela on 6/0 VMC hook/Wire/80lb bite leader)
    Total catch during day includes a cobia around 10kg and few other small catch

    Night - Lots of jelly fish and todaks. No sotong.
    Jigged 110 trevally and 7 Ikan Parang and few barracudas by 5 jiggers. Action lasted whole night. I personally lost 5 jigs for the trip.

    Enough said, let the photos do the talking.
    Nice! Remembered seeing one of u in action at Changi Naval Base previously. His persistent and hardwork really paid off when his jig was snatched by a........I reckon minimum 3kg Chermin right? Was great watching him fighting. Really impressive to jig a Chermin that size in local waters. Cheers!
  • chweeleng
    Thanks Nenasi...

    So you were at the warzone that faithful day as well hahaa...Hows your catch that day?

    Oh yah, think im the one that u saw that day :oops: The biggest Chermin is the one that i jigged...It should be below the 3kg mark hehee... Pretty nice trip for me as i got 4 chermins and a triple tail that day.. The big Chermin on jig and the rest on live prawns

  • Nenasi
    chweeleng" said:
    Thanks Nenasi...

    So you were at the warzone that faithful day as well hahaa...Hows your catch that day?

    Oh yah, think the one that you saw is me :oops: The biggest Chermin is the one that you saw...It should be below the 3kg mark hehee... Pretty nice trip for me as i got 4 chermins and a triple tail that day.. The big Chermin on jig and the rest on live prawns :)

    Tight line,
    Chweeleng
    Swee man Chweeleng! That was u in the pic. I was drooling over ur jig caught ebek! Hahahahah! That's one hellava catch bro! Ur really hardworking bro! Was it a Calcutta 200 ur using? Saw ur tripletail at the jetty when we return.

    That day was not good for us. Only managed 3 ebeks, some small grunters and acks at the piling area. Hope to see u guys again.......hahahah probably only next yr as Ah Long fully booked liao.
  • chweeleng
    Hi Nenasi, so you are from ah long's group... Then you must have known ah teck loh... I fished with him in sedili before..

    By the way,that's a Morrum that i'm using.. Kind of a lucky trip for me hehee...

    A trip after this,i brought along my other light jigging set but got nothing after 4 hours of jigging except one chermin on bait at the second half of the day (thats fishing)...

    The set consist of a CZV203(mod) + Hots Stiletto. While servicing after the trip i broke a part inside the cast control knob. Now waiting for it to arrive from japan... Very sad :cry:

    Hope to see you again :)
    Chweeleng
  • Nenasi
    chweeleng" said:
    Hi Nenasi, so you are from ah long's group... Then you must have known ah teck loh... I fished with him in sedili before..

    By the way,that's a Morrum that i'm using.. Kind of a lucky trip for me hehee...

    A trip after this,i brought along my other light jigging set but got nothing after 4 hours of jigging except one chermin on bait at the second half of the day (thats fishing)...

    The set consist of a CZV203(mod) + Hots Stiletto. While servicing after the trip i broke a part inside the cast control knob. Now waiting for it to arrive from japan... Very sad :cry:

    Hope to see you again :)
    Chweeleng
    Yah Ah Teck got me connected to Long. He's the Merlion King tio boh? Hahahahah!

    Sorry to hear abt ur reel. Hope u get it sorted out soon. Nice reels ur using. Going to get my Offblow BC but really dun like the spiral guide design even though it's useful.
  • chweeleng
    Hi Nenasi, just called AO and the spares have not arrive yet :( Hope to get it soon...

    IMHO,offblow is one of the more affordable light jigging rod. Nice action and power. Ah boon paired his with a certate custom. Gd combination i must say. A friend of mine strip off his spiral guides to rebind after some usage on his bluerose. Maybe you can try them out first. If you really dun like it, then rebinding is another option :)

    I'm also in a fix of either getting a blank to build myself or getting a offblow. The cost of a offblow is definitely cheaper.. Very tempting hehee...

    Hope it helps,
    Chweeleng
  • Nenasi
    chweeleng" said:
    Hi Nenasi, just called AO and the spares have not arrive yet :( Hope to get it soon...

    IMHO,offblow is one of the more affordable light jigging rod. Nice action and power. Ah boon paired his with a certate custom. Gd combination i must say. A friend of mine strip off his spiral guides to rebind after some usage on his bluerose. Maybe you can try them out first. If you really dun like it, then rebinding is another option :)

    I'm also in a fix of either getting a blank to build myself or getting a offblow. The cost of a offblow is definitely cheaper.. Very tempting hehee...

    Hope it helps,
    Chweeleng
    Yes Chweeleng, for the price it's only maybe 3/5 of custom rod u get something pretty close or even better in design and performance, quality components somemore! Very tempting indeed.

    I have a spinning PE 1-3, paired with an Applause 4000., really like it. Was using it that day when u were jigging.

    Probably pair it up with my Abu 6600D5 SW, 200XT or 200 if getting the PE1.5-3 BC. Saw the field report rod shd be good enough if treated with respect.

    Aimai? Next payday we go AO buy 1 each see got discount boh hahahaha!
  • chweeleng
    Hi Nenasi,

    Thanks for the offer, but i juz got myself a matagi reel seat to start with my light jigging rod yesterday hehee.. Now looking for a blank to pair with it.

    I can still join you to AO on your payday for the Offblow :)

    Best regards,
    Chweeleng
  • Nenasi
    chweeleng" said:
    Hi Nenasi,

    Thanks for the offer, but i juz got myself a matagi reel seat to start with my light jigging rod yesterday hehee.. Now looking for a blank to pair with it.

    I can still join you to AO on your payday for the Offblow :)

    Best regards,
    Chweeleng
    Hahahah....ok will jio u! PM me ur contact or sms me. Mine is 97861231 Ah Biao. If u really want a good blank for light jigging, I suggest u get a Calstar GF600XL. Superb! I got a spinning one done by ET aka Edmund Tan, going to build a BC one soon, hopefully complete by Dec and go bashing in Jan 07!
  • chweeleng
    Hi Nenasi,

    Thanks for the recommandation, will look into it :)

    So where are you going in jan for bashing? Any more lobangs hehee... Perhaps somewhere end of jan would be nice, begining of jan got a trip liao...

    Anymore light jigging trips for me :p

    Best regards,
    Chweeleng
  • Nenasi
    chweeleng" said:
    Hi Nenasi,

    Thanks for the recommandation, will look into it :)

    So where are you going in jan for bashing? Any more lobangs hehee... Perhaps somewhere end of jan would be nice, begining of jan got a trip liao...

    Anymore light jigging trips for me :p

    Best regards,
    Chweeleng
    Hahahah bash at local bottom bouncing with Ah long lor. My local trips only with ah long. Will jio u along if got vacancies.

    Light jigging potential here is limited and I hardly go to those high potential jigging grounds due to back problem, cannot handle those PE4 and above hahahah!

    Most of my trips overseas trips are at Nenasi, probably when season opens in 2007 for big ebeks aka chermins. Will contact u when the time draws near. :lol:
Sign In or Register to comment.
TRIPS
© Copyright 2019
All times are UTC