catching kelong sotong on squid jig

Strider
edited December 2014 in Luring & Artificial
hello, i know kelong sotong is usually caught on nets big and small.

can they be caught on squid jigs like for the big green eyes ?

do we use smaller jigs or ikatsuno (i.e. sabiki sotong jigs) or....

be nice to hear those who have caught them on jigs before.

thanks
  • cjhooker
    You can definitely catch sotong from Kelong using squid jig
    I have caught lots like this. The hard part is lifting the big ones out without the falling off the jig but it can be done.
  • Strider
    Great. i got a small squid jig for trying out a night at halong bay in vietnam for my upcoming trip,

thanks very much for the reply.
  • Strider
    Great. i got a small squid jig for trying out a night at halong bay in vietnam for my upcoming trip,

thanks very much for the reply.
  • fishynatic
    Mr strida, pls do buy a variety of weight. Smallest size 2.2 would be nice and size 2.5 i reckon would be nice as well if u r eging off a cliff. Safety first. Happy black inking
  • Strider
    cool. doing off the boat.

got a size 1.5 and also a 2 plus and a 3.

brought some micro jigs too to play in a day if can get out of any activities. :o hehe
  • Strider
    thanks for the kind advice too.
  • YolandaBerlin

I  tried the squid fishing in my visit to Halong Bay but I didn't  catch anything
  • loki_fish
    If you are doing night eging for squid. Do get a few jigs, like the red tapes one, glow in the dark kind and the UV ones. I would recommend using Yamashita brands. Can get it from Fishing Buddy
  • NewToFishing1
    bro , i got a decent kelong to intro ! , at bintan indonesia , can get plenty of decent size sotong ! , you can check out the pics of caught at bintan black coral / angler . during morning the big one come out , i caught around 10am .
  • NewToFishing1
    green eye sotong is the most commonly caught at there, sometimes got sotong merah and sotong batu ! . at bintan black coral , thou normally sotong merah is at night .interested for short eging trip can look for them ;) or me . 
  • loki_fish
    What is the costing like? I wouldn't mind exploring.
  • NewToFishing1
    you can chat Bintan black coral for more information at facebook as im not 2 sure as well , but its at a affordable price . below the price range of lets say 70  per night ? . .if you are really interested you can drop me a pm i can help you ask :) . but boat fishing is count by distance not by pax . so its btr for customers .
TRIPS
© Copyright 2016